Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Crazy/Fun things to do in games?

2»

Comments

• RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Sorry, the only FAQ I still have now is the one from when the game was still in process (less of a FAQ and more of a collection of topics from the old board). I most have lost the other FAQ in my reformat. Damn.

Well, do we have permission to bring in a new generation?
  • Mmmmmm...flying SSD in XWA in multiplayer games...

I never could get into F-22 ADF. Once not too long ago I went to try and I got totally turned off when they had AMRAAMs in RACKS on the WINGS!! It may have been on the fact sheet as an alternate configuratio for some early prototype, but that's definately not the current configuration...

The Jane's games were just more fun to me.
  • MelkorMelkor Elite Ranger
    Ghost Recon = Use the various Anti-Armor missiles at Anti-Personel weapons... shame there's a bug that won't let them travel through windows (they impact on the window frame).

Raven Shield = pick a "small" map.. equip teargas and a gasmask (or no mask for the masocists out there). Enable the godmode and "fullammo" cheats. fill the map with gas. Sit back and watch as the tangos run around blindly trying to escape the gas.

Rogue Spear/Urban Operations - Pick any map, enable godmode. Bring flashbangs and "non-lethal" shotgun rounds. Proceed to kill tangos with said flashbangs and non-lethal rounds (can be done.)

Jedi Knight 2 - crank up your force powers. Let's just say Force Pull + SaberRealisticCombat = Mass Carnage. Another thing I enjoy doing. Again, crank up your force powers, turn on god mode if you want (much more enjoyable when you don't die). Use Force Grip. But instead of killing them with it, hurl them into nearby walls and bulkheads....repeatedly. If you do it hard enough or often enough, they will die.
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wiseguy [/i]
    [B]driver:

*get a fast car and play on san francisco,, see how far you can jump on the main road :)

*crash and have your car spin high in the air [/B][/QUOTE]

Driver! Ooh! Forgot that one! I used to get in that hyper pink car that went 300 mph, then do the jump from the one road with the open green space next to it all the way to the road with the Golden Gate Bridge. Sorry that's not very specific, but it's been years...

That and setting railroad cops and a 300mph car for yourself. Easy way to knock yourself over dividers so you could drive on water.

That game was GTAIII before its time...
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo_1 [/i]
    [B]I never could get into F-22 ADF. Once not too long ago I went to try and I got totally turned off when they had AMRAAMs in RACKS on the WINGS!! It may have been on the fact sheet as an alternate configuratio for some early prototype, but that's definately not the current configuration...[/B][/QUOTE]

You have to consider that when the game was made, the F-22 was still a pretty early prototype, so that's the information they had to go on to simulate the production model. Taking into account the main concepts of the F-22, the combat configuration would be with all ordnance carried internally, to maintain what stealth the aircraft has and so as not to increase drag with external stores. The former perhaps being the more important.

It does have four underwing hardpoints though, which probably would be used for extended range on ferry missions. But you're right about the external missile configuration, since the air force has no requirement for it. It is possible though.
  • Ranger BrianRanger Brian The Anti-Scrooge
    The real F-22 does have external hardpoints, and will carry missiles, fuel tanks etc, externally on combat missions once enemy defences have wiped out, or the threat is low enough to be deemed safe to fly in this reduced stealth, but bigger punch configuration. Or when it flies CAP ([b]C[/b]ombat [b]A[/b]ir [b]P[/b]atrol) missions where stealth isn't required, but long loiter periods and more firepower is required.

So the game is actually correct in allowing you to do this.

However they are not able to land at an airfield, and as soon as they come to a halt the ordanance instantly re-apears, and the fuel re-fills. :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    The Firstones History still is [url=http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/jlbiggs/firstoneshistory.html]online[/url]. Sanfam has yet to put it on the main page though. And I guess I should update the Inside Jokes section a bit. :) I'll give it a going over this weekend.

The Great Zocalo Crash (that produced Zocalo 2.0) was sometime around April 2001 I think.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    hey Vert, little snippet of info for you

TAW (Total Air War, the somewhat improved ADF) is the game chosen by the USAF to train F22 pilots.

Killer eh? :)
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]Well, true, but everyone who knew Hamblin got the joke, and since Hamblin ain't posted in a way long time, that doesn't help much. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ohh, he got it alright. ;) Don't believe me? Go ask him. He still posts on SB. (anyone starts bashing SB, and I'll have your avatar replaced with [url=http://vertigo1-2.freeyellow.com/StopFightin.jpg]THIS[/url])
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]hey Vert, little snippet of info for you

TAW (Total Air War, the somewhat improved ADF) is the game chosen by the USAF to train F22 pilots.

Killer eh? :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Bah. Guess the loudly touted technical accuracy of Jane's games isn't so accurate after all. I can always take pride in the fact that USAF has better graphics :p .

So does anyone know where I can find info on/pick up a copy of TAW?
  • From an Amazon.com customer reviewer of TAW...
    [QUOTE]I have seen actual video footage of the HUD display on an F-22 and this one is nothing like it. The joystick controls the jet at 600 or 700 kts. like I am reaching out and grabbing the wings myself and moving them. I have never seen a jet move that sharp at 700 kts. It's not possible. [/QUOTE]

One would think that the USAF would go with the sim with the more accurate flight model...knowing our government, it was probably just cheaper.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Thrust Vectoring anyone?

seriously, the flight physics may be better in USAF, and yes I own it. But the playability, missions, DETAILS etc STINK. (Sorry, but I hung it up after a few hours. it was that bad, it wasnt at ALL enjoyable).

I mean, the details in F22ADF are why they bought it I'd imagine. Such things as STEALTH, the Thrust Vectoring, and the things that make the F22 what it is. yea, they actually implemented it into the game. ;) in USAF, F22 LIghting3, etc, there is no stealth, no Thrust vectoring, no playability...If the person says that it turns on a dime, A: he has his airspeed WAY off, or upped his joystick sensitivity to WAY beyond normal. As for the HUD, I can't confirm or deny it, but its the same hud used in USAF, and F22 Lightning. I've also been lucky enough to see the inside of a Boeing 1/2 scale F-22 model, and the cockpit layout is accurate.

And at 700knots you can NOT turn very sharply, you lose ALOT of airspeed doing so, our best manuverability for dogfights etc is ~300K

About right I'd say.

*Resums playing F22ADF*
    so far one of TWO flight sims I've actually enjoyed. And I own almost a dozen. Seems companys don't know what makes a game enjoyable anymore...

Oh, DoM. Does X-Plane have weapons on the military jets?
    Total Air War is definitely the most enjoyable sim I've played. I'm not going to argue on its accuracy or flight model, because, unfortunately, I haven't flown the damn thing :p

EF2000 was the first flight sim that really got me addicted to the genre. That's another great one by Digital Image Design, also by far the one I've spent most hours on. I think most of the hours were spent trying to figure out how to make the LGBs hit their target, then I found out I had to hit a small button that would turn on the laser designator ;) With the quality of the sims DID used to make gets me sort of annoyed they're out of the business. Or whatever happened to them. I heard DID was assimilated by the Infogrames collective, not sure about the accuracy of that.

I bought Falcon 4.0 a year or so ago, but I haven't really gotten into it yet, aside from screwing around a bit. It seems like a stand-up flight sim though. I might start playing it more when I get tired of me F-22, if that ever happens.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]Oh, DoM. Does X-Plane have weapons on the military jets? [/B][/QUOTE]

Only as props, not blowing stuff up weapons. That project was shelved. The author has said all his contributions from now on will be to aviation safety, not the other way around.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    aww..well...that ruins that idea.. :( I wanted to build a town with about 500 fule tanks...like F22 ADF... :D
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    Actually, aside from Andy Hollis's offerings (IE: Longbow 1/2, the cancelled A-10), most JANE'S flightsims were more or less relaxed-realism games.

FALCON 4.0 has them all ougunned in the realism department.

of course, that's not waying that USAF and TAW weren't loads of fun :p

I honestly loved the AWACS mode in TAW...
  • Anyone here tried Flanker 2.5? Currently attempting to ease into that one....but, like the PCGamer reviewer said, the learning curve is [i]steep[/i]. All I've done so far is watch the accuracy of the flight model take away from the fun you can have. Sort of dashes my illusion in which ALL aircraft can do loop-de-loops like in Fighters Anthology :(.
    Ooh! Came upon a good one in Raven Shield!

Terrorist hunt mode, grab yourself a light machine gun, go prone, enter two codes:

god

callterro

[B]All[/B] of the terrorists come running to where you are, then you just need to hose them down. It's wonderful stress relief. Makes me feel like the door gunner in Full Metal Jacket (who played Capt. Jankowski in In the Beginning btw) ;)

[I]"Get some! Get some! Get some yeah!"[/I]
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    On the "Perfect Stress Relief" side of things...

UT2K3 + Gibalicious Mutator (Adds Gibs/Gore based on a multiplier) + GibLife (Makes gibs last as long as you want) + InstaGib Zoom rifle =

Insane fun fun fun. :) Just set the limit to 20 frags, 10 bots, and go nuts.

Also, the Street fighting mutator is loads of fun (Hand to hand Karate action in UT?!? yes, it IS fun!)

The "Stair Dismount" game someone posted awhile back is great as well. :D
  • I've flown a 737 upside-down between the legs of the Eifel Tower in MS Flight Sim before, and gotten enough altitude afterwards to tell the tale... if that counts? :)

It's one of those LAN party things to do, after you've all finished leeching from one another :D
  • [quote][b]Makes me feel like the door gunner in Full Metal Jacket (who played Capt. Jankowski in In the Beginning btw)[/b][/quote]

That explains [i]so[/i] much! :D