Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

This year, it cometh. The seaqual to the greatest game ever.

HALF LIFE TWO!

Its official folks! Half life 2 IS coming!

Its using an in-house engine, and will be shown off at the E3 convention this year, its expected to be released before the end of the year!

[img]http://www2.msstate.edu/~sld5/hl-2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.photocountry.com/users/11431/hl2pic.jpg[/img]

[img]http://csnation.counter-strike.net/images/content/image_15761.jpg[/img]

Man! I CAN"T wait!
GTA: vice city for PC, Doom3, Matrix 2 & 3, X2, T3...HL2!
This year is ROCKING!

Comments

• RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Actually the greatest game ever is TIE-Fighter...
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    more shots up at halflife.org

man, I really hope they don't ruin it! its the same author as the first one though....
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    :eek:

Sweet :D
  • !!!!!!

I want [i]my[/i] June 2003 PC Gamer! (See top image)

Looks great...
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]

[GTA: vice city for PC, Doom3, Matrix 2 & 3, X2, T3...HL2!
    This year is ROCKING! [/B][/QUOTE]

You missed one: Homeworld 2, ETA July '03. I'm waiting to catch this one on the inward-bounder :D Just hope I can get a new video card before then...
  • KeyanKeyan Ranger
    The lighting on the first pic sucks, unreal had better lighting than that.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Oh god. My wallet is going to die soon.
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    All I had to do was read the title and I knew what you were talking about...

I cant wait!!!!! :D!!!
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sanfam [/i]
    [B]Oh god. My wallet is going to die soon. [/B][/QUOTE]
    And mine is already dead, what am I going to do then???? (And I don't have time to work!)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I really hope the story in this one is as good as the first. I've been looking forward to HL2 for years. :)
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Lets just say this is going to rock, big time. I've read the article, and I'm VERY impressed.

some things NEVER done before (Should it do as they say, and PCGamer says they saw)

Facial Expressions: Rather then the limiting facial expressions we've seen to date, Valve took research done in the '70s, that the face uses ~20 muscles to make the vast majority of expressions, and added those, so facial expressions are REAL, they also made real eyes, rather then ping-pong balls, they are more egg shaped, like real eyes. Charectors don't stare blankly at you either, they will look around the room until you do something to catch their attention.

That brings in something else, you know polygonal "skin" that exist to date? they say they aren't using it, instead they use "real" skin, whatever that means.

AI: lets just say PCGamer was impressed...
    they said during some tech demos they showed the firefight between troops and aliens, as soon as it started the troops dove for cover, and stayed behind cover while firing. Aliens would jump over things, like large gaps, crates, etc. Literally taking the shortest route to the player.

Another scene (This may need a spoiler warning, its darn cool, but if in the final game, could spoil a VERY memorable moment)

SPOILER:

Your walking down a city street when you hear a Thudding footstep, this can't bee good, you round a carner and you see this 10 story alien. there is a bridge between you and it though, it tries taking down the bridge, no luck, then it ducks, fits its head under, then its legs.

the best part? thats all AI, it was NOT a scripted event!
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    more:

Total time expected is 36 hours to complete, thats the MINIMUM (So they say)
    they have the guy that wrote the original HL, he wrote the story for this one.

Surfaces get their properties from the TEXTURE. so you slap on a metal texture, bullets will PING off it, or a wood texture, bullets will fly into, or shatter, the surface.

YES! No more wood doors that might as well be titainium! Now you can burn them, smash them, or pull out your shot gun and shoot it down! 20 baddies under a whole bunch of pipes, supported by a wood support beam? Shoot it, watch pips smash bad guys!

Auto Turret got ya down? Grab a nice (SOLID) peice of metal, use it as a sheild, and walk upto turret, then throw it at the turret. :)

The AI sounds truely AWSOME, humans have the FULL range of facial features, and REACT to what you do, or what is going on around you/them. (Big ugly monster rounds the corner, your buddy will A: Get this determined look, run behind a sturdy object and shoot, or get a look of terror and run like MAD.

Apparently, it uses either a NEW form of path noding, or it don't use pathnoding at all, instead it actually SEES for lack of a better word. that would be SOOOO Awsome, they are SMART. They see, hear, and (I think this is total hype here) smell.

example: Guy was walking down a corridor, hears the sound of a creature coming towards him, he turns and runs into a room, closes the STURDY door, and hides in a cabinate, the creature actually started slamming the door, then managed to dent it enough to slide one if its tenticle mounted eyes though, it looked around the room, then locked onto the player, then slammed the door down. (That was the end of the PCGamer preview, they don't know if it was scripted or not...I mean, he didn't HAVE to run into that room, and the creature couldn't of KNOWN he was their, making me think it was really AI...)

man, I'm getting psyched!
  • TycoTyco Ranger Texas
    :eek:

Yep, DEFINATELY gonna buy this! :D
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Is it just me, or do those aliens look like the arachnids from Starship Troopers?
  • I knew there was a reason I was saving my money (not counting the money soon to be spent on my computer). I thought it was for lack of good games. It was actually in anticipation of good ones.

I'm not going to end up with all of these, by a long shot, save divine intervention, but here goes my short list (watch the ones I do get be hyped up, buggy bombs):

Lock On: Modern Air Combat
    Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Paddawan (Don't know if that's the name, that's just a cheap rag on the naming system)
    Half-Life 2
    Deus Ex: Invisible War
    Elite Force II
    Grand Theft Auto - Vice City
    Homeworld 2

And then of course there's the interesting-looking title I'm going to have to let slide:
    Rainbow Six III
    C&C Generals
    XIII
    Enter the Matrix
    Tomb Raider - Angel of Darkness
    Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
    Republic: The Revolution
    Harpoon 4
    MS Flight Sim's latest release
    Freelancer
    Ghost Recon II
    Medal of Honor II

Best part is, my computer as it stands right now couldn't run one of those, save perhaps at 320x240 screen res. But come summer break is when I'm going to be doing a whole lot of NewEgg purchases...I only hope I have enough by then to order a video card with my mobo/processor, lest I be trapped with this beast of a rig with its performance choked by my current video card, a GeForce 2 MX PCI 32 MB...
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CurZ [/i]
    [B]Is it just me, or do those aliens look like the arachnids from Starship Troopers? [/B][/QUOTE]

Nope... It ain't just you...

:p :D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Speaking of money...

Movies:

Matrix Reloaded
    T3

Games:

Homeworld 2
    EVE - online

the list continues...
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    You forgot LXG and X2!!!
  • Wee - one more game for the shopping list of the future. I hope it comes at the promised release date and isn't late for several occasions.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Me:

HL2, Doom3, GTA:VC,

others? dunno yet, already got Freelancer, Unreal2...
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]Speaking of money...

Movies:

Matrix Reloaded
    T3

Games:

Homeworld 2
    EVE - online

the list continues... [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey jack...

there are TWO Matrix movies coming out this year...
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    HELLO!!!!!

PEOPLE!!!!

[SIZE=4]RETURN OF THE KING!!!!!!![/SIZE]

might just be the best movie EVER.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    NNOOOOOOOO!! Why everything at the same time!! Can't aford all this!!
  • And we all thought the dwindling economy was because of terrorism...it's because of mediocrity in the film and computer gaming industries! The economy is going to boom! We sci-fi geeks will save western civilization!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo_1 [/i]
    [B]I knew there was a reason I was saving my money (not counting the money soon to be spent on my computer). I thought it was for lack of good games. It was actually in anticipation of good ones.

I'm not going to end up with all of these, by a long shot, save divine intervention, but here goes my short list (watch the ones I do get be hyped up, buggy bombs):

Lock On: Modern Air Combat
    Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Paddawan (Don't know if that's the name, that's just a cheap rag on the naming system)
    Half-Life 2
    Deus Ex: Invisible War
    Elite Force II
    Grand Theft Auto - Vice City
    Homeworld 2

[/B][/QUOTE]

Vertigo my advice is

DO NOT BOTHER with JK II

Wait until JK III comes out from what I've heard it's going to be ten times better than the JK II with better lightsaber fights and a choice of Powers that you can learn. even combos of them.

that's not all...

... but's it's late and I'm tired so goodnight.
  • MTMT Ranger
    Death to Sierra
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Looks bitchin...
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vertigo_1 [/i]
    [B]Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Paddawan (Don't know if that's the name, that's just a cheap rag on the naming system)[/B][/QUOTE]
    the name is:
    Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I think they're calling it Jedi Knight 3, but it's so hard to be sure. I gues if you want to be exact, you can call it Dark Forces 4: Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy. :)
    nope, it's not jedi knight 3, because you're not playing Kyle Katarn.
    [url]http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/[/url]