Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Enterprise Season finale

David of MacDavid of Mac Elite RangerCa
I'm kinda curious about what everyone thought about "The Expanse". I thought it was pretty good, but a bit off in some places.

And also, I missed the first part of the teaser, so if someone could tell me exactly what part of Florida the probe shot, I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to figure out if I should have my inheritors sell the house in 2152 and move to a shack in Montana, or if they (and my property) would be safe. ;)

Comments

• A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I'll have to watch it Saturday, seeing as how I was on the road today... :) (Actually...I may miss it then as well...hmmm) That stinks...
  • Action was ok, except that the teaser special effects didnt look too great, but overall the feel of the episode for me was "meh". I was hoping for the new direction to rival "The Jem'Hadar" or "Q Who" and I was kind of disappointed with the result. Aside from all the trouble I have with this episode there is a lot of good stuff in it, and it does set things up for what could become a good story arc in season 3, but for that I'll just have to wait and see.
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    Can't wait for it to be shown in the UK on terrestrial...although they havn't started showing Season 2 yet on terrestrial...Darn...
  • Captain,SimmondsCaptain,Simmonds Trainee trainee
    I found it to be an good ep. better then some other eps.

heh. What Happened on that Valcan ships reminds me of what happened to the Event Horizon.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    It was good to see local earth patrol ships kick some klingon a$$!
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    yep, good ep. :)

Pretty Boom. :) and I'm safe where I live! :) MUAHAHAHA!!!
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    All I could hear was the Battlestar Galactica theme in my head towards the end of it. :)

It had the same feel of it.
    I guess your pro Kinglon!!!!!!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PSI-KILLER [/i]
    [B]It was good to see local earth patrol ships kick some klingon a$$! [/B][/QUOTE]

For A min I thought those ships where Norway Class ships.

BTW. heres a list of things I found bad with the ep

Is always has to be the first US, that gets hit by alien Weapons of Mass Disrution.(ITS ALWAYS America getting hit, , Not.)

Captians of Starships aways being Americans.

Wait, these are Complaints about all of StarTrek.
    AND COULD YOU SEE HUMAN DESTROYING A POPULATED PLANET, Unless is was a Accident.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

I should Stop before I get into a Rant
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    That's because it's a show made in America. While it would more cosmopolitan to have the ass end of Europe get blown up by aliens every damned time we needed dramatic tension, american televison audiances "wouldn't be able to idenitify with them".

If it will annoy you less, watch some film made in other countries. Notice how it's a rebuilt Japanise vessel that fights aliens enslaving Earth in a certian anime. Or how former British spook Ian Fleming wrote a series of novels about a British spook who kept saving the world from evil madmen. And so on and so forth.
    Hoshi or Malcolm complained about that in an earlier episode; about how annoying it was that Cochrane was an American or something; I can't really remember it because it was on quite a while ago...
    It was Malcolm. He had been talking about how much more civilized Europe was compared to America, and how the Vulcans might actually be nice to humans if they hadn't landed in [i]Montana[/i].

Trip retorted that he never saw any europians inventing warp drive...

Pavel Chekov would've been right at home in that little chat. ;)

It was in Shuttlepod One, if your wondering.
    They Should have Landed in canada, lol.

The Reson why I'm saying startrek is too american, is becuase the Enterprise(And Startrek in General) is Suposed to be crewed by people from all over the world. But when you have a crew mostly crewed by americans, it makes you think.

B5 is more diverse then startrek
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    exactly HOW old are you, Simmonds ?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    How old are [b]you[/b] why?
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    19, but I'm not the one making overly naieve, somewhat un-thought-out comments :p
    I didn't see a problem with what he/she was saying; it seemed a perfectly valid point to me...

Although, the majority of the crew is probably American because it is an American show.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Captain,Simmonds [/i]
    [B]They Should have Landed in canada, lol.

The Reson why I'm saying startrek is too american, is becuase the Enterprise(And Startrek in General) is Suposed to be crewed by people from all over the world. But when you have a crew mostly crewed by americans, it makes you think.

B5 is more diverse then startrek [/B][/QUOTE]

Let's find out. I'll keep this to the command crews, just to make it simple. Anyone who was in it for at least one season.

Babylon 5:
    Jeffery Sinclair: Mars
    Susan Ivanova: Russia
    Michael Garibaldi: U.S.A. (New York)
    Stephen Franklin: U.S.A. (Chicago(?))
    John Sheridan: U.S.A. (Kansas)
    David Corwin: Beta Colony (I think)
    Zack Allan: Unknown, Seems to be american
    Elizabeth Lochley: Unknown, Seems to be american

Total: 3-5 U.S.A., 3-5 Elsewhere.

Star Trek:
    James T. Kirk: U.S.A. (Iowa)
    Spock: Vulcan (N/A)
    Leonard H. McCoy: U.S.A. (Southeast)
    Hikaru Sulu: U.S.A. (San Francisco)
    Pavel Chekov: Russia
    Montgomery Scott: Scotland
    Uhura: Africa

Total: 3 U.S.A., 3 Elsewhere, 1 Nonhuman

Star Trek— The Next Generation:

Jean-Luc Picard: France
    William T. Riker: U.S.A. (Alaska)
    Data: SDC (Some Damn Colony) (N/A)
    Tasha Yar: SDC
    Worf: Qu'nos (N/A)
    Deanna Troi: Betazed (N/A)
    Beverly Crusher: Moon
    Geordi La Forge: Africa
    Katherine Pulaski: Don't know, don't care.

Total: 1-2 U.S.A., 4-5 Elsewhere, 3 Nonhuman

Star Trek— Deep Space Nine:
    Benjamin Sisko: U.S.A. (Louisiana)
    Kira Nerys: Bajor (N/A)
    Odo: Gamma Quadrant (N/A)
    Miles O'Brian: Ireland
    Julian Bashir: Not U.S.A
    Jadzia Dax: Trill (N/A)
    Ezri Dax: SDC (N/A)
    Worf: Qu'nos (N/A)

Total: 1 U.S.A., 2 Elsewhere, 5 Nonhuman

Star Trek— Voyager:
    Kathryn Jane[b][/b]way: U.S.A. (Indiana)
    Chakotay: SDC
    B'Elanna Torres: SDC (N/A)
    Tom Paris: U.S.A.
    Neelix: Talax(ia) (N/A)
    The Doctor: (N/A)
    Tuvok: Vulcan (N/A)
    Harry Kim: Probably U.S.A.
    Seven of Nine: SDC
    Kes: Ocampa (N/A)

Total: 2-3 U.S.A., 2-3 Elsewhere, 5 Nonhuman

Enterprise:
    Jonathan Archer: U.S.A. (San Francisco)
    Phlox: Denoblua (N/A)
    T'Pol: Vulcan (N/A)
    Malcolm Reed: England, probably
    Travis Mayweather: E.C.S. Horizon
    Hoshi Sato: Asia, probably
    Charles Tucker: U.S.A. (Florida)

Total: 2 U.S.A., 3 Elsewhere, 2 Nonhuman

So the percentages work out (discounting nonhumans, and picking the most likely birthplaces for the unknowns)

Babylon 5: 62.5% American
    Star Trek: 50% American
    The Next Generation: 33% American
    Deep Space Nine: 33% American
    Voyager: 60% American
    Enterprise: 60% American

So it turns out that Babylon 5 was actually less diverse than any Star Trek show. How odd. Unless you want percentages based on actors, which will show an odd amount of American actors (since the show is made in America, and there's little point to pay lipservice to diversity by importing talent).
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    I find it slightly ironic that the only movie that has a major european nation hit the worst in order to heighten the dramatic tension is by Mr. Patriot himself, Jerry Breuckheimer, in Armageddon...

New York: gets a bunch of buildings knocked down, but otherwise relativelu superficial damage from a bunch of small asteroid fragments...

Paris: gets hit by 1 big piece and then PWNED !
    Zack Allan: Unknown, Seems to be american

Can you define exactly what seems is?

and one other thing
    Katherine Pulaski: Don't know, don't care.

I would say Poland
  • KonradKonrad Ranger
    They would complain if the shows only showed Europe being attacked. They complain if it's only the US getting hit. They would complain and complain. If the US does it or has anything to do with it people who only know hate are going to complain.

What about that comedy space show they have on BBC with the big red ship thing --- It's all british actors --- Where are the Americans I ask?

Why can't people just be happy that their getting some scifi shows and not nit pick it to death! It's all just as petty as the Freedom Fries stuff... :rolleyes: IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT DON"T WATCH IT!!! Shut it off C.S.! Start your own show - I've got a title for you : "Canadian Trek" or "Deep Space Canadian" or "Canadian Five"

So many people are out there who need your help and what do you do with your time and energy? You complain about the Foreigner to American ratio on Star Trek?

You hyjacked DoM's thread... :(
    I don't not like American sci fi; in fact, I prefer it to any British sci-fi. Nor am I complaining about it being too american...as American shows it is understandable that the majority of the cast are American.

I bought the latter half of Enterprise Season 2 on VCD so I'm just waiting for it to arrive now :)
    I also heard that Enterprise is doing very badly in the ratings and that, as a consequence, it is running the risk of being cancelled? Is this true? I hope not, I really enjoy the series :(
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PSI-KILLER [/i]
    [B]Zack Allan: Unknown, Seems to be american

Can you define exactly what seems is?[/quote][/b]

Mostly I went by accent. Which basically makes it "North America" or one of a dozen odd colonies. Now that I think about it, Zack's birthplace might be on the second season DVD extras, but I can't check now.
    Well America ain't no odd colony. We will make our European counterparts bashful in history. As for Enterprse getting bad ratings. B5 always had that!!!!
    Odd, I thought theyn said Riker was Canadian, in one ep.
    Oh well,

here another problem that i found about startrek.

[url]http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/human_names.htm[/url]
    I can't believe somone had the time to dedicate a web site to it. Do you know how many episodes that is?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Well, the guy who does that site is incredible.

Bernd Schneider. He *loves* what the series was, but hates what it has become. He's put so much time into analyzing the show from a scientific standpoint, and has done a great job of it.
    I just found out that Enterprise season 2 is going to start showing in July on Channel 4 in the UK. Just as I go away on holiday...Damn, I tell you its a conspiracy!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Whitestar 15 [/i]
    [B]Damn, I tell you its a conspiracy! [/B][/QUOTE]

Everthing is a Conspiracy.