Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Half-Life 2 Movie. . . simply unbelievable

2»

Comments

• KeyanKeyan Ranger
    My .02 on the Doom 3 vs HL 2 war. Look at Doom 3. Look at all of the screen shots. What is missing? Oh, yeah, OUTDOORS, BIG OPEN SPACES. Sure, it has poly counts and lighting on characters to blow your mind, but IMO the archteture/environment is lacking. HL 2 seems to balance this, AND throw in a physics engine that makes Unreal's look like it was made for a commodore 64. And those facial expressions...they look like something from an Nvidia tech demo, only they are in a game at last. The reflections and shader use FINALLY takes advantage of what shaders can be made to do, I'm thrilled to finally see someone use them right. I've done some programming of them, and know what they can do, and it's about time someone used them in a mainstream game.

I just have a feeling that Doom 3 is going to have that hollow "this is missing something" feel, esp if it comes out after HL2
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I agree. DOOM 3 will be pretty, no doubt about that. But what else will it have?
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    my stance right now..

Buy Halo PC
    Buy Half Life 2

Buy Doom3 when I can get it in the bin for 10$ :)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    I dont think there will be any reason for me to buy Halo anymore... Had it been released when it was supposed to (and not by the almighty evil), I prolly would have gotton it.
    Had they been given the time to give Halo a story, I would have bought it when it finally makes it to PC. Since they were not, I probably will not buy it.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    [img]http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~extralife/strips/05-27-2003.gif[/img]

hehehehehe
  • KeyanKeyan Ranger
    And so very true. I'm amazed at how well valve has kept this thing under wraps, but now they are stealing the show from Doom3.
    The guys on the doom 3 team must be scared shitless now. Now they have NOTHING except a nice engine... :rolleyes:
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I almost feel sorry for them. I still thing Doom 1 is one of the best games ever. It had a [b]GREAT[/b] story even though it really didnt have any. Few games can do that.
    I don't think id is really that worried. They most likely make most of their money from liscensing their engine, and that's still going to happen.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Messiah [/i]
    [B] It had a [b]GREAT[/b] story even though it really didnt have any. [/B][/QUOTE]

How interesting... :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Exactly my point! hrm... ;)