Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Check in when you have your copy!!!

I've got mine!!! :D

Comments

• Had mine since Friday, already on Disc 5.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    Got mine last Thursday.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I have mine.
  • LorienLorien The First One
    Got mine today:)

ended up just $14 more tax so i ended up paying an overall of $94 for it including tax+ shipping.

watched 2.5 episodes already. now, last time i watched the whole season in 2 weekends .. this time ill slow down so it lasts .. god knows when season 3 will be out

dont kill me : but i never did see episode 1 of season 2 when it was aired here in israel .. so was very interesting.

as to quality and all that .. well need to see more to comment. personaly, i dont care alot about the picture/sound quality - its the content which is what I like. I am normaly pretty picky about the quality - but to me - just to have this series on DVD to watch when I desire- is all I ever wanted. anything extra is a bonus.

have fun. expecting a kick ass weekend coming up:)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Got mine last Friday. I love it!
  • I have my set! The cover looks great! :) All disks arrived safe and sound due to the B5 Shop's careful
    packing of foam by hand between each individual disk to ensure they couldn't be jarred loose and scratched.
    Now that's what I call a professional packing job!! A+ for the Babylon 5 Shop! :)

I plan on watching the first episode this weekend. I'm forcing myself to stick to a realistic one show
    per week schedule. :)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    got it
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Had it for a while now, seen all but one of the episodes (and all the commentaries).
  • KonradKonrad Ranger
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dunedain [/i]
    [B]All disks arrived safe and sound due to the B5 Shop's careful
    packing of foam by hand between each individual disk to ensure they couldn't be jarred loose and scratched.
    Now that's what I call a professional packing job!! A+ for the Babylon 5 Shop! :)[/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm... I'm not so sure I'd want my "shop" opening my package before it got to me...
  • Mr.GaribaldiMr.Garibaldi Earthforce Officer
    I got my copy tuesday, the 6th via mail. Took my time watching the special features and then the 1st episode. I'm gonna try to space it out but I [I]know[/I] that I will have long finished the whole season by the time Season 3 is out... time for repeated viewings! BTW I liked that quote given by Sheridan at the end of the 1st episode. I think that it applies to both thier and our time.

[COLOR=royalblue]****shimmering blue box looks cool!!******[/COLOR]
  • Konrad: They opened and checked the disks to make sure they weren't damaged for a very good reason. The first
    season set of Babylon 5 DVD's had a very nasty tendency to arrive with disks that had slipped free of
    their center retaining mechanisms and were all scratched up, causing video defects, etc. and requiring the
    disks to be replaced. I had this happen to me with my first season set, and many others had exactly
    the same problem.

The reason for this is that WB let the first season sets go out with cases for the DVD's that were defective,
    as far as holding the DVD's in place in concerned.

The Babylon 5 Shop had enough consideration for it's customers when the second season sets arrived to open
    them and make sure that no customer would be sent a DVD set with damaged disks in them. And then took the
    further step to place some foam in with the disks to keep the risk of the DVD's getting damaged on the way
    to the customer to a minimum. I'm glad they did that, otherwise I might have some more damaged DVD's
    right now instead of a perfect set.

By the way, the B5 Shop has informed me that even though the second season set boxes appear to be better made
    than the first season boxes and are holding the disks more securely, there is still an average of one disk
    out of every 4 box sets that is arriving from WB already damaged in the second season box.

This is the *only* reason the sets are being opened, to protect the customers from getting damaged DVD's.
    And considering the past track record of the Babylon 5 DVD boxes and damaged disks inside the sealed
    season sets, it's necessary

Hope that explains it. :)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dunedain [/i]
    [B]By the way, the B5 Shop has informed me that even though the second season set boxes appear to be better made
    than the first season boxes and are holding the disks more securely, there is still an average of one disk
    out of every 4 box sets that is arriving from WB already damaged in the second season box.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

Boy that is some pisspoor design if 25% have to be shipped back to the manufacture... :eek:
  • rhett: If you think that's bad, well the first season set was much worse in regards to the average number
    of damaged disks per sealed set box sent from WB. :) This is why the B5 Shop had to open the second season
    sets and check each disk. The risk was too great that customers would get sets with damaged disks in them.
    Checking each set personally was the only way to prevent that. That's great customer service. :)
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Better than the alternative. That would royally piss me off- pay 90 bucks and then find out they are scratched...
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Well...didn't see this post - I got mine last Wed...the 7th I think :)
  • AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    got it
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Mine arrived on Saturday which was pretty cool. I wasnt expecting it as Play had it down for official release on Monday so it was a nice surprise. Very impressed with it, have watched the docu stuff and the blooper reel.

Just checked Plays site today and Season 2 is no 10 in the Top 10 Sales rank which is pretty cool! :)
  • where abouts on the DVD do u find the gag reel? I HAVE to see it!

Cheers
  • Got mine a week ago, but it was... slightly.. [URL=http://koti.mbnet.fi/~piit/kuvat/b5s2/]damaged[/URL] so i returned it, and the replacement should arrive tomorrow.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Got mine yesterday from [url]www.play.com[/url]
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Mine came today...at last.

Worf