Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Argone Memorial

BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
The more observant among you may have noticed the dissapearance of the 3 sticky threads at the top of the forum. They haven't been deleted. They've been moved to the archive forum. You can find it near the bottom of the forums index page.

Sanfam and I decided we could do something better to remember Argone than permanantly occupying the top three slots in one forum. The current idea is a memorial page of some kind linked off the main index page. However, we're open to any ideas you guys may have. So start suggesting.

Comments

• CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Well, I didn't get to know Argone, but how about a simple page where people can submit their words or pictures or anything they'd like to add in the memory of Argone.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    I tried that... and man was I dissapointed with the turnout...
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    I like the idea of a compolation page, but I think it would take some work to make it a fitting tribute. If I can help, I will.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    A page where people can submit their own words is a good idea, but as SB said it's hard. The problem with it is that many people (myself included) find it very hard to put feelings about someone into words, and even harder to show those words to anyone else.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Don't mean to sound cold or cynical, but if it's hard to express, then is one necessary? Everyone who knew him surely have their own place in their hearts for him, and thus their own private memorial.
    That is something that also occured to me. We shall see what ideas others come up with.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    A page would be good. Although not necessary. Still it would be good.
  • I post a page for him on every site/RPG I make, because he was a great inspiration. It's nothing much, just a few words about Argone and how he inspired me, plus his picture. Of course, none of my sites are yet up, so... :(
  • OmegaPaladinOmegaPaladin Earthforce Officer
    What of this "Argone"? I'm assuming he is a former member of this board who passed away, but I could be wrong.
    He was a great man. A hero.
    Go have a look in the archive forum at the bottom of the forums index page.
  • *sniffle* :(
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    Biggles: For starters, why not use the tribute pictures that were posted? Hell, I'll let you use the one I posted.
  • Vertigo1Vertigo1 Official Fuzzy Dice of FirstOnes.com
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]A page where people can submit their own words is a good idea, but as SB said it's hard. The problem with it is that many people (myself included) find it very hard to put feelings about someone into words, and even harder to show those words to anyone else. [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly. Even after all this time, I still can't find the words to describe how I feel.
  • I feel it'd be best if we let him become a part of First Ones history, like the rest of Biggle's page. Like Vorklifts, Aardvarks, and Babylon 6, he's going to be here in us just about forever.
    Yes, and a picture would be nice too.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I suppose a page with a picture and some words would be good but I think the forum posts are the best tribute to him really. Nearly everyone added their thoughts and feelings to those topics so I think including them would be fitting and appropriate.
  • Remember the picture he used as his sig, of the Klingon holding the blade? We should make it a smiley...
    Couldnt we put a picture of him and some thoughts about him in Biggles history page?