Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What are you playing right now?

Comments

• DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I finally beat Eternal Darkness for the third time and saw the Mantorok ending! I liked it, it really had a nice Lovecraft feel to it, like everything else in the game of course.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Only getting to play anything very sporadically at the moment, but I'm slowly getting through Rainbow 6 Vegas 2. Good honest fragging fun :)
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Mass Effect 2, third playthrough.
    Also, just finished DA:Awakening, and playing Dead Space on the PC (and as soon as i overcome my laziness and setup my joystick - Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I recently downloaded the D3D mod for Frontier First Encounters, it massively updates the game to a more modern standard and makes it run properly in windows. Still a work in progress but what they've done so far is impressive.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Yeah that Elite mod is sweet, I've had some fun with it as well. They've done a nice job so far. :)

The ASP Explorer (as shown below) is my current favorite so far, but the updates certainly all look better for sure (i.e. the Cobra Mk III)

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/stingray_b5/asp_explorer_ffe1a.jpg[/IMG]

Right now there are a couple of games I'd love to check out but they are console games only and since I still don't own one, I'm SOL. That's Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption. Thanks to Youtube there are ways to get a good look at gameplay footage to get an idea of what I'm missing so I checked out Alan Wake since Rockstar is getting most RDR footage taken down because of (false) copyright infringement claims.

So far I've only been impressed by Uncharted 2 as far as story telling goes and that combined with mostly excellent action segments. Well Alan Wake features a compelling story and some (repetitive) action that will make the last out of 6 episodes feel like a chore. To top it off, the ending is quite ambiguous and may even disappoint quite a few people. Still Alan Wake is as close to a Twighlight Zone game as we are going to get.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Altitude! Been playing it for a few weeks. It's fun. Overall, it's fairly balanced and has a smooth learning curve. Alternate weapons requiring greater levels of manuvering and targeting skills open up after reasonable periods of game time.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Been playing Civ4 multi. Was thinking about playing Mass Effect 2 again but will wait for more DLC. Other than that I'm having trouble finding something fun to play.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I just finished Mass Effect again and really want to play 2 again as well now. I must have played ME1 6 or 7 times now, and I still found new bits I hadnt come across before! Just shows how much detail is in that game!

Given that I've already played ME2 about 3 times back to back tho I think I might play something else first. Still on the list of replays is Arkham Asylum, as is Assassins Creed 1 &2 and Fallout 3. Still not played Ghostbusters, but I'm not sure I want to start that just yet.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=Stingray;188629]Yeah that Elite mod is sweet, I've had some fun with it as well. They've done a nice job so far. :)

The ASP Explorer (as shown below) is my current favorite so far, but the updates certainly all look better for sure (i.e. the Cobra Mk III)

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/stingray_b5/asp_explorer_ffe1a.jpg[/IMG]

Right now there are a couple of games I'd love to check out but they are console games only and since I still don't own one, I'm SOL. That's Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption. Thanks to Youtube there are ways to get a good look at gameplay footage to get an idea of what I'm missing so I checked out Alan Wake since Rockstar is getting most RDR footage taken down because of (false) copyright infringement claims.

So far I've only been impressed by Uncharted 2 as far as story telling goes and that combined with mostly excellent action segments. Well Alan Wake features a compelling story and some (repetitive) action that will make the last out of 6 episodes feel like a chore. To top it off, the ending is quite ambiguous and may even disappoint quite a few people. Still Alan Wake is as close to a Twighlight Zone game as we are going to get.[/QUOTE]

As soon as I get my wage, Im getting Alan Wake and Red Dead. Ive been looking forward to those two for a while. Annoying that they were released so close..
    Also, Dark Rain.
    You must be talking about Heavy Rain, yes, that's certainly a contender for GOTY. Great interactive story with great visuals and different outcomes.

Finally games that put the "new" consoles to good use.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Of course. Theres so many games with dark in the title nowadays, I got confused.
  • Thanks to Åland Islands, my tax-free Red Dead Redemption will arrive within couple days <3
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I'm playing Need For Speed: Shift, and loving it.
    Moved on to Arkham Asylum. I remembered it was good, but not this good :D

I'd forgotten about FFE that I'd downloaded and installed, I'll have to check it out after AA.
    [QUOTE=sinclair;188651]Thanks to Åland Islands, my tax-free Red Dead Redemption will arrive within couple days <3[/QUOTE]
    hurray får åland tax evasion. :)
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Any of you ever played Planescape: Torment? I started playing it a couple days ago and I'm suprised with how much I've been enjoying it
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I have been meaning to play that for years. Coincidentally, I finally bought a copy of it (off eBay) two days ago. :D
    I'm sad to say I've not played Planescape Torment. :( I really should.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    currently playing Alpha Protocol.
    Don't listen to the naysayers, the game is good and very enjoyable.
    I was thinking of ordering Alpha Protocol last night actually. Looks like it could be quite entertaining
  • AkrovahAkrovah Ranger
    Just finished collecting all 121 stars in Super Mario Galaxy as both Mario and Luigi. I am now officially ready to begin Super Mario Galaxy 2.
    If you'd said you were now officially ready to watch the Super Mario movie...I'd have to have hurt you :p
    [QUOTE=Messiah;188644]As soon as I get my wage, Im getting Alan Wake and Red Dead. Ive been looking forward to those two for a while. Annoying that they were released so close..
    Also, Dark Rain.[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake is ok, but I don't see anyone playing it through more than once or twice. Red Dead Redemption on the other hand is just awesome. It's better than any GTA game released... if you like Western movies that is. I've seen gameplay footage of it and it's just awesome. I might actually go out and get a darn PS3... since I still don't know if or when the PC version will be released.
  • [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;188696]If you'd said you were now officially ready to watch the Super Mario movie...I'd have to have hurt you :p[/QUOTE]

I don't think I will ever.....EVER.... be ready to watch that movie again.
    I think I'm ready for Just Cause 2. Some mayhem in a box, just what the doctor ordered.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Akrovah;188733]I don't think I will ever.....EVER.... be ready to watch that movie again.[/QUOTE]

You watched it once?
    You can't blame him, he was young and didn't yet know what he was doing. :D
    Yes we can blame him! He's not young anymore, and he still doesn't know what he's doing! :p
  • Hey hey now, can I help it that I was like 11 when it came out? But it's not too bad. Even then I realized it was a horrible film when I watched it. Not even the guilty pleasure, where it is so bad its fun like Wing Commander or Doom. No, Mario was just bad.
    Heh to my shame I quite enjoyed it the first few times I watched it when I was little. Then again, if you were 11 then I could only have been 7 or 8