Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What are you playing right now?

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I rarely use Steam unless I have to
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Finally got back to playing some Just Cause 2. After getting my hardware fixed it was a nice way to take the rig for a spin. One thing I can say is that the sequel is a step up from the original, except maybe the core gameplay. I've only hooked up with the first three major factions and I've driven a few vehicles and flown a few choppers. I had some trouble initially to get used to the new grappling hook, but it's ok now as far as travelling by parachute is concerned. I will need more practice to use Batman's favorite hook as a weapon.

I only use Steam because games like Saints Row 2 and Just Cause 2 require it. I haven't purchased anything on Steam yet.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I've got Just Cause 2 but not installed it yet, but installing games is about my sum total usage of Steam.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I haven't pirated any games since I started buying them on Steam.
    I only buy games I intend to play and I buy them at a low price when they are patched and actually playable. The difficulty lies in the fact that a game to be commercially successful it requires many sheep to buy said game on release day. Fortunately there is an infinite number of people who can't help themselves and inevitably fall prey to the marketing hype.

I just don't have the time nor inclination to play every popular game that's out there. I have to pick and choose.
    I too rarely buy a game as soon as it's released. The only recent exception to that would be Mass Effect 2
    I didn't get ME2 and I'm not sure I will. The first one thoroughly raped my rig and tore it a new one. I'm not going to let any of those games near my hardware again. It plays JC2 just fine. So I have to wonder what ME is doing so special to make my XPS break a sweat?
    Too much awesomeness I reckon
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Were you using Singularity?
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;189561]Too much awesomeness I reckon[/QUOTE]

That must be it. I have no other explanation.
    :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I agree. Mass Effect is too awesome for you Stingray :)
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I love ME and ME2, I watched complete playthroughs on Youtube. It's just that my hardware can't handle the games. :(

I enjoyed KOTOR as well, but at least I was able to play that. Haven't checked out KOTOR2 though.
    Hehe, just out of curiosity I went and tested Commandoes 2 and Jagged Alliance 2 on an office laptop running Seven and both games still run nicely, no additional tweaking required. :)
    KOTOR2 is well worth a go, just bear in mind that what you're playing is more of a work in progress than a complete game in terms of storyline. The gameplay is much the same as the first game, just more advanced.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I enjoyed the story of KOTOR2, there's alot more depth to it than the first game but unfortunately there is no real end, so don't expect a satisfying resolution. There are some mods being developed that are attempting to fix that with hidden files on the disc but still...

Worf
    Hopefully Old Republic follows in KOTOR's footsteps
  • 2 weeks ago got Darkstar 1 from amazon for very cheap, It is a an amazing game, almost like Freelancer but better. Very easy flying game with good story and great graphics when maxxed out. I could not stop playing it untill finishing it last night.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    SD, if Old Republic EVER COMES OUT! lol

I've said all along that Old Republic and Cataclysm will come out very close to the same time, i thought they were both trying to force the other to release first, I know i'm going to bolt Warcraft for a bit when Old Republic comes out. so i think Blizzard was hoping Old Republic would be out first, so that they could then release Cataclsym to bring those customers who bolted back.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Finished Mass Effect 2 recently. Now working my way through Assassin's Creed 2.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Once we close for the year and i can take the X-Box home i plan on playing those...
    Assassins Creed 2 is a very good game. Much better in terms of gameplay than the first, altho I think the first had a better story
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Minecraft just took my soul
    Civ V and STO. Civ V is dangerous...especially if you need to be up early the next morning!
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Peter ordered a new computer for himself to play Star Craft 2 on.. BUT I am excited about Fable 3 coming out at the end of the month!
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Sword of the Stars multiplayer. It's a bit old but it's quite well made 4X space game. The differences between the race's FTL is awesome and no one has the exact same tech tree.
    At start it seems like a really simple game, but the more you play you notice there's a lot of stuff to take care of, like moral on planets, balancing building of colonizations, fleet building and research.
    Don't know if it's as fun singleplayer, but multiplayer i like it.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    World of Tanks, its much more interesting than it sounds, free to play MMO that is currently in beta. Straight up tank warfare.
  • starting Mass Effect 2, and Dead Rising 2 for mindless zombie killing.
    ME2 = awesome!

Thanks to certain people on irc who keep linking to GOG.com's sales, I've got I-war Deluxe and now Evil Genius waiting to be played!
  • I bought Bio Shock 2 for pretty cheap a couple days ago. I liked the original, and this one is even better. I love using that drill! I powered that thing up first since I use it so much and now I can even do a ramming attack with it, just like the Big Daddies like to do against me.