Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Stargate is getting a 3rd series

ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie."London, UK
it seems that they're not content with just having atlantis and the 2 sg-1 movies on the go any more, they now want to add a [URL=http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/12/exclusive_third_istargatei_serie.shtml]3rd series[/URL] to the franchise.

no details as of yet, but i do wonder if they might be on course to doing a star trek franchise overload:rolleyes:

that said, i thought atlantis would majorly suck when they first announced it and the concept. now IMO it rates above sg-1, well at least above the last 2 seasons of sg-1 as season 9 was dire:eek:

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Interesting. But how much more can they milk from the Stargate cow?? Yup SG1 has slid big time (though the 200th episode was a hoot). Atlantis has been way better but I've found more than a few episodes a bit on the annoying side and very formulaic.

Still though something to look forward too.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    They've been talking about doing a third series for quite some time. Guess with the SG-1 cancellation they feel its time. I still think what they need is one good converged series rather than 3 individual ones, but like Trek, no one ever learns.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    yeah i know they've been talking about it for a while, but i still think its interesting that they're going ahead with it
  • Yeah I've got a bad feeling about this.

Its got M-O-N-E-Y written all over it. :/
    Actually its got F-L-O-P written all over it. Ok, it might succeed to some extent. It will likely not do any better than the current shows. Stargate has its loyal following but someday network execs will learn that you can make more money making stuff people genuinly want to watch rather than pumping out lots of mediocre crap only a few want to watch.
    I wonder if they will carry any people over from SG1 to this? There has been rumor of some maybe joining Atlantis.
    Amanda Tapping is moving to Atlantis. She has an extra year left in her contract.
    Ah right... so we'll be having a few of those Rodney/Carter episodes to look forward too.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    im hoping that they can get hewlett/mckay's sister back for another episode. not only is she quite cute, but the dynamic they had going was great
  • Might be due to the fact that McKay's sister is his real-life sister too... they've had plenty of time to get along. :)
    thats what i meant :p i was just commenting that i really enjoyed watching that dynamic
    Didn't realise she was his real sister. They pull off the accents well being English. I actually found that episode a bit dull. The whole 2 Rodneys and the alternate universe thing just didn't do it really. And its something thats been done before in SG1 more than once... rehasing old ideas basically.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    They're English? Wow. I now have even more respect for him as an actor than before.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Actually, i think their family moved to Canada when they were children.
    yeah i think i read he was 6 or something like that when they moved
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    According to IMDB he was in some British programmes too.