Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

"Test art shows that this Trek is kind of scary"

[URL=http://trekmovie.com/2006/12/13/cbs-considering-new-animated-trek-series/#more-358]CBS Considering New Animated Trek[/URL]

Comments

• ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    His giant glowing dildo is certainly scaring [i]me[/i].
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    I'm not sure if that is the right direction for Trek. Although, anything has to be better than what's been out recently.

To be somewhat positive, I kinda dig the uniforms.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Another animated series? Well maybe well finally find out what Spocks childhood was like .. again.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    im spectacularly unimpressed
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I actually like the premise, not sure it would work but its better than whats been.

i still think trek needs a good 10-15 year TV hiatus, just stick with movies ever few years.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    yeah the premise does sound interesting, but i just dont think its going to work. plus the 'scary' aliens in the test artwork look like giant amoebas
  • How bout a Voyager movie starring Captain Kathryn *******?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE]Captain Chase’s Enterprise will be a ‘Bismarck Class’ heavy cruiser from the Romulan war and a bit out of date.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of this IRC quote:

[QUOTE] Worf: they should have had the borg invade, assimilate everything and be done with it. the next startrek series: the borg invade the federation and assimilate it, only a handful of ships manage to escape and that show will be called: battlestar enterprise[/QUOTE]

EDIT: I see someone commented on the article about it too.

Worf
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowDancer [/i]
    [B]yeah the premise does sound interesting, but i just dont think its going to work. plus the 'scary' aliens in the test artwork look like giant amoebas [/B][/QUOTE]

Mmmm Amoeba
    Bismarck Class, huh? I guess all a potential enemy needs is a biplane to stop it. ;)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Not just any biplane. A [i]space[/i]-biplane.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    I find the captain's name more scary... :D
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    A Bismarck-class? What are the other ships in the series, the glazed, chocolate frosted, cake, and plain?
  • I DO like the concept idea though...we'll see how it pans out. and CBS doing it is a big negative in my book...

but being a web format means more freedom I think.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    It's not like CBS never did anything else, like make this show called Star Trek a few decades ago or redo the effects for it this last year. nope. :p
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Not just any biplane. A [i]space[/i]-biplane. [/B][/QUOTE]

With space-torpedoes and space-machine guns?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    We can only hope.
  • I just don't like much that CBS does...In my experiance their stuff has been pretty mediocre. (I know I'm not with the majority here)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]We can only hope. [/B][/QUOTE]

Indeed.
  • In the first episode, they find a cryo unit floating in space. When they open it up, they find inside...................................... SEVEN OF NINE!!!!!
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarthCaligula [/i]
    [B]In the first episode, they find a cryo unit floating in space. When they open it up, they find inside...................................... SEVEN OF NINE!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

No, that's not what it will be. The first episode will have the Romulans chasing the ship and attacking every 47 minutes.

*coughs*

Worf
  • Actually I think this has a chance of suceeding regardless of most of the cynicism I hope the writers bring back some of the campiness of the original trek. Though not being live action it may be hard to display the emotion of the characters. Im not saying lets make a remake of Star Trek but if there going to use new elements why not add the old also. I think one of the things lately is Trek has been taking itself way to seriously maybe bring it down a notch but leave it scienctific enough to keep us geeks interested. and yeah whats that about Romulans attacking someone want to show me where I can look up Mitochlorians?