Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Happy VD Everyone!

Well, V-Day brings the first snow storm to NYC even though it's pretty weak by my awesome Canadian standards I still have to trudge through it to go to Tor today :)
Have a good day all! :D

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    happy VD, i bought you some snow.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Happy VD one and all, and to all a merry christm.. Wait, thats wrong isnt it..

Anyway, hope you all get a lot of love. Hugs all around from me. :)
  • [url=http://www.fat-pie.com/love.htm]Same time next year I guess.[/url]
  • Happy Halloween
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    What are we celebrating victory over?
  • I wish everybody VD!
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    yes- *hugs* all around!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE=Biggles;156666]What are we celebrating victory over?[/QUOTE]

another year of surviving all attempts to lure us into the bonds of the terror that is the relationship!
  • Damn, I knew there was a spread of veneral diseases in colleges, but I never expected anyone to wish everyone a happy VD! The happiest VD is the one you don't have or you get cured of! :p

But yeah, Happy Valentine's Day to you too. :D

That was much minded and of love, so I pitch the following thiswise, with all of love:[quote]"We-they wooed you to pitch you-yours thiswise," the creature said. With a thump, a book from the DFC-3's ample library fell to the deck beside the hammock. "We wooed there and there for a many. You are the being-Garrard. We-they are the clinesterton beademung, with all of love."

"With all of love," Garrard echoed. The beademung's use of the language they were both speaking was odd; but again Garrard could find no logical reason why the beademung's usage should be considered wrong.

"Are--are you-they from Alpha Centauri?" he said hesitantly.

"Yes, we hear the twin radioceles, that show there beyond the gift-orifices. We-they pitched that the being-Garrard with most adoration these twins and had mind to them, soft and loud alike. How do you hear?"

This time the being-Garrard understood the question. "I hear Earth," he said. "But that is very soft, and does not show."

"Yes," said the beademung. "It is a harmony, not a first, as ours. The All-Devouring listens to lovers there, not on the radioceles. Let me-mine pitch you-yours so to have mind of the rodalent beademung and other brother and lovers, along the channel which is fragrant to the being-Garrard."

Garrard found that he understood the speech without difficulty. The thought occurred to him that to understand a language on its own terms--without having to put it back into English in one's mind--is an ability that is won only with difficulty and long practice. Yet, instantly his mind said, "But it *is* English," which of course it was. The offer the clinesterton beademung had just made was enormously hearted, and he in turn was much minded and of love, to his own delighting as well as to the beademungen; that almost went without saying.[/quote](James Blish, "Common Time")

Hey, not only it has all of love, but gift-orifices and Centauri aliens!
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    Happy singles awareness day everyone!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;156674]another year of surviving all attempts to lure us into the bonds of the terror that is the relationship![/QUOTE]

So that would make this VD in particular "VBTRD," for Victory over the Bonds of the Terror that is the Relationship Day?
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I bought my wife's overdraft fees today... :p
  • Soo....if I just entered a relationship tonight....that makes me...
    Dang...my Geek factor just dropped 10 points.... :(
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    nah, I have been in a very very happy relationship for the past 45 days and my g33k factor remains intact ;)
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=Capt.Montoya;156675]Damn, I knew there was a spread of veneral diseases in colleges, but I never expected anyone to wish everyone a happy VD! The happiest VD is the one you don't have or you get cured of! :p
    [/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I thought of when I read the title...

Jake
  • Mr_BesterMr_Bester Earthforce Officer St Louis MO
    Sorry I'm late to the party, but here's a VD poem from Neil Gaiman for you:

Roses are red,
    Violets are purple,
    Which is a very hard word to rhyme
    And makes me happy that on February the 14th we don't traditionally
    have to give each other oranges
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Hey Dax, thats a great photo youve got now. You look happy. :)

(thats what relationships do I guess)

Oh, and Ive got my second date today..

Its wierd dating someone youve known for 6 years..
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    thanks Messiah! Yeah I took that pic last night as a screen shot as I was talking to my guy via cam- I am pretty damn happy!
    Good luck on your date!
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Happy Late valentines. :)
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Indeed, happy late VD! I got the "Little Lady" a Vermont Teddy Bear with bath stuff in a heart shaped box. I wanted to get different one I thought [URL="http://vtbear.stores.yahoo.net/bearnaked.html"]this was just pushing it.[/URL] :D
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    that is *so* cute! :D
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    She thought so too. :)