Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

back in the wide world

ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie."London, UK
Yay I'm finally back online! for the last 3 1/2 weeks I've been consigned to only being able to log on at either my folks house or uni, but now I've finally got my beloved connection back!

what a bloody mess it was trying to get connected tho! it took the better part of 2 weeks to get the phone line connected, as there was more than a little confusion as to the number of the flat. you'd think it was fairly obvious what number the flat you're living in is, but oh no! the flat is a converted shop, so when it was converted it was added to the flats in the block above, which is where we get the number on the lease from, but as far as the phone company knew there was no such address, so in the end they had to send an engineer to physically trace the phone line :rolleyes: then it took the isp nearly 2 weeks to connect us! was suffering serious withdrawal symptoms by the end!

im feeling better now i can get my daily dose of insanity from you guys on demand :D

Comments

• AlaricAlaric Damn kids! Get off my island!
    Beware the Brassica! They're everywhere!:eek: :nervous: :nervous:
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Welcome back, sir!

*Pours ShadowDancer a beer*
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Woooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Missed you baby.

*smooch smooch schlobbery*
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;158535]then it took the isp nearly 2 weeks to connect us![/QUOTE]

Yep, it always takes two weeks to flip a switch in the exchange. :)

Apparently there are websites that detail how to get your ISP and BT to to connect you much faster, in the order of a single day rather than many weeks. Someone I know recently moved, and using those tricks managed to get their internet connection up and running within a day of moving in, well before the phone line.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Thanks for the beer Space Ghost! Just what the doctor ordered!

Luckily we wont be moving from here for at least a year, but when we do I think I'll have to find those websites Biggles :)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    You were gone?

:D

Just kidding :)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I have always been here}:)
    hmmm it now appears my router might be buggered. it keeps randomly dropping out on us, tho given the fuss we had getting connected here in the first place I'm not going to rule out a line issue :(