Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

For those not on my livejournal...

DaxDax Redshirt
Today was *drum roll* Daily Show day!
I am sick as a dog, but I went anyway.

I left Tor at 2:30pm, we got next door to the studio around 3:00pm and after a smoothie (and a new box of kleenex) for me and snack for my friend Jon, we were 'on line' (in the line, but New Yorkers say it funny) at 3:15pm. We got our actual tickets at 4:00pm and were let in to go through security at 4:30pm. We waited a while in this room before the studio until about 5:20pm and then we were seated. The studio holds about 240 people.

Couple of interesting things to note:
- above the door to the studio there is a wood banner that says: "Leave news, ye who enter here"
- in the room before the studio, there were 4 horizontal banners of people (1 of Jon Stewart) and a tv, on the tv, they were playing THE MOST local channel (NY1) and not Comedy Central.
- when you get your ticket in line, they just give you a laminated photocopies piece of paper with a number on it that they take back when you enter the actual studio, so I have no real proof that I was there :( I was too scared about getting kicked out to take pics.

We got 4th row seats! Which was awesome! The seating system is kinda sucky cause I noticed that people who got there after we did (like standby people) were seated in the front row (the number system is only good while you are outside, you get kinda crammed into one room on the inside) while we were in the 4th row. I guess I am kinda glad that it didn't go by numbers cause there were 2 obnoxious loud girls behind us in line and I would have hated to sit next to them.

The studio (since I can't take any pics :( ) is awesomer that it is on TV. They actually only show like 50% on tv. Above Jon Stewart's head there was a globe with the major cities circling it and in the back ground there are 4 big belts that spell out the date and then "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" His desk is really cool too. Even though you may see bits and pieces of stuff I described, it's pretty damn cool in person.

Everyone should watch for me tonight AND tomorrow because I actually got to be in a bonus piece per se, an audience participation type thing where we looked attentive (while trying not to laugh) and raising our hands at stuff. You'll see, it's awesome. I am wearing a red shirt and seated next to an asian guy (my friend Jon) who is also wearing a red shirt (this was not planned but funny now). If anyone can point me to a good place to download the episodes from today and tomorrow, that'd be awesome in case I do show up, I'd like to have them.

After the 'field piece' a warm up guy came out who was actually really funny. We found out about this old man who was there because he met Jon at a gym that the guy's grandson goes to (Jon takes his kid) which was funny cause the warm up guy asked at first where he lived and the old guy said "I go to the gymnastics with Jon"- much laughter until the real story was heard. And then at around 6:15pm, we finally got to see Jon Stewart! :D

I have to say this, Jon is a really nice guy. He took Q&A before hand and said some really genuinely nice things about the audience. He is very intelligent and funny naturally. He only took 2 takes on the "Global" opening sequence and on nothing else. We were out of there by 7pm. I have a new found respect for this show. Jon Stewart really knows his shit and does his research about the books he promotes on his show. They had all of their ducks lined up in a row, everything was ready to go. Even when they did a green screen thing with the correspondent, the image was already up on the monitor we could see. There are really some fabulous people working on that show.

It seemed to go by really fast so at this point, I guess I can just answer any questions people wanna know about the show! I hope I'll be on tv!

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Sweet! I'm really jealous now! So what date is that going to be? The show for the 18th? We get them usually a day behind here. I always try to make it a point to watch it, I think John Stewart is brilliant! He's just so funny! He doesn't even have to say something sometimes for me to just totally crack up! :D
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    heh, funny, I'm up browsing the forums waiting for the 1:00am rerun tonight. I'll keep an eye out.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Well there was no audience showing on the 18th but last night the 'field piece' about Global Warming was shown (and was much much funnier in person) and my best friend Trev (QPine) caught my 0.002 mins of fame!

[IMG]http://aurora.omgod.com/gallery/d/5511-2/Picture-y.PNG[/IMG]

I am wearing a red shirt in the left hand corner there, I was a bad red shirt, I didn't die for the cause. :P
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I see you :)

Worf
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    ;) me too!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yup. Congratulations on your 0,12 seconds of fame!
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    You're hiding back there ;)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    "we were 'on line' (in the line, but New Yorkers say it funny)"

No no no, we do NOT say it funny, we say it right it's called a line cause originally there was actually a line painted on the ground for people to stand, and you didn't stand IN that line, you stood ON that line, ergo, New yorkers rock, everyone else does not, end of story... :)
  • In BetweenIn Between The Ultimate Lurker
    I am Jealous :cool:
    Here is the whole section from CrookAndLiars website:

[url]http://www.crooksandliars.com/Media/Play/16468/2/TDS-Global-Warming.mov[/url]

Enjoy !!!!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    That was funny as hell! :)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I agree, Entil'Zha. Go us :p
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Congrats, Dax! I love the Daily Show, so I have to admit, I'm a little jealous. :)