Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

A bean is spilled about Star Trek XI

croxiscroxis I am the walrus
[url]http://trekmovie.com/2007/04/18/jj-abrams-confirms-kirk-in-star-trek-xi/[/url]

We'll be seeing Kirk

Comments

• Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    But now the question is, will we be seeing him overact?
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Space Ghost: Confirmed Kirk, not William Shatner :p
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    Adam Sandler as Kirk.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I heard Matt Damon had been approached for the role. Honestly, I don't think he'd be too bad.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I dunno, I really cant picture him as Kirk, or doing the whole running around going "shields up!" "fire phasers!" thing
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    At first I was a little apprehensive about Matt Damon being Kirk, but I really think he could pull it off. He has the right look, is the right age, and could have the right attitude.

IMHO, Trek needs to be reborn and if Damon is the person to lead the way, so be it.
  • If he can pull a good "KAAAHN!" he'll make a good Kirk ;)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I think Damon could pull it off, he's got the right look (although a friend of mine insists Matt Damon looks 12), he's been very good in everything I remember seeing him in so I have confidence.

Worf
  • While I think that Damon would be a good Kirk, I would prefer to see unknowns over big names.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I don't mind seeing big names if they can act and fit the role. Damon can act and, I think, fits the role. The same goes for Gary Sinise as McCoy.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Gary Sinise I can picture as McCoy. But I just can't picture Damon as Kirk, the role is just too far outside anything I can picture him in I'm afraid. Not that I'm going to be majorly upset if he does get the part
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I will admit that I think Sinise fits the role of McCoy perfectly, while Damon fits the role of Kirk, but not perfectly.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    Oh yeah Gary Sinise is perfect for McCoy. What about Adrian Brody as Spock? That was the rumor I saw.