Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Weird forum behaviour

PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
Has anyone else noticed that the forum software seems in certain occasions to change big letters to small ones? It also affects smilie codes making them not to appear, but shows the screwed up codes instead.

I'm having this problem only in here and I only noticed it yesterday and I haven't changed anything at all recently. I haven't been able to fix it.

For example, if I write a message like the following all except the first letters get changed to small ones. It also affects the code of the big grin smilie making the big letter 'D' change to a small one thus making the screwed up code to appear instead of the smilie image.

Here's the example:

LOL! :D

- PJH

Comments

• PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Now it appeared to show it correctly here, but when I tried to reply to a thread writing a message like that it was screwed up.

I also tried replying to more than 1 thread and the same thing happened.

Sometimes though the "LOL" was shown correctly, or the "-PJH", or even both, but never if the smilie was attached.

It always looked like this instead of what is seen on my above message:

Lol! :p

- Pjh
    Now it appeared to show it correctly here, but when I tried to reply to a thread writing a message like that it was screwed up.

Sometimes though the "LOL" was shown correctly, or the "-PJH", or even both, but never if the smilie was attached.

Lol! : p

- Pjh

Just without the space between ':' and 'p'.

Lol! :d

-Pjh
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Is that why you keep posting a message, then deleting it, then posting it again? Sanfam and I were trying to figure out why you were doing that yesterday. :p

It's possible you're running afoul of the anti-shouting setting. I've adjusted the value, let's see if you continue to have problems.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    That is odd. Are you running a browser-based spellchecker? That is typically what causes such an error. The in-browser checker will see it as an error and produce odd results

Perhaps we do have an anti-yelling script on here somewhere. I'll have to check around. But one thing we did notice is how many times you delete posts. Typically two or three for any visible one. Does this tie into the glitch you mentioned?
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    And here I thought he was talking about the people... I guess it's business as usual. :D
    Did you just completely ignore my post, Sanfam? ;) I said the forum has an anti-yelling setting, and that I'd adjusted it. :)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH SHOUTING - SEEMS TO WORK FINE FOR ME!
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    I ended up with a scroll wheel which adjusted type size... I'd roll the wheel back and forth and go from pre-skoola type to super-micro-fucking small, which was comical for a few moments before it got downright irritating and yes, only here.

It fixed itself some time ago, so I never followed it up.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Hey biggles, did you know this forum has anti yelling, maybe you should adust it...
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Biggles, I made my post while you were composing yours...lost the internet connection, reconnected and then posted fo' reals, yo. :p Don't blame me! ;)
    Lol :d

--rc
    Still broken :p
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=shadow boxer;159761]I ended up with a scroll wheel which adjusted type size... I'd roll the wheel back and forth and go from pre-skoola type to super-micro-fucking small, which was comical for a few moments before it got downright irritating and yes, only here.

It fixed itself some time ago, so I never followed it up.[/QUOTE]

If you hold down ctrl while scrolling, it does that..

LOL :D

/ME
    Nor broken for me though.. :confused:
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    :noidea:
    I think we can safely ignore any "testing" by RC. :p

[QUOTE=Sanfam;159766]Don't blame me! ;)[/QUOTE]

J'accuse!
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    [url]http://forums.firstones.com/images/smilies/crazy/bunny.jpg[/url]

What files are ya' guys hiding from uss ... ? :D
    Its actually a smilie found [URL="http://forums.firstones.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001"]here[/URL]. Its been there for at least a year now. Maybe more. Youve gotta stop lurking Freeze! :p ;)
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    Let's see if Messiah feels the same way when we "gävla Finnarna" beat the crap out of you Sweds in the International Hockey World Championship .. does 1995 ring a bell? ;)