Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Nostalgia

BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
PSI-KILLER sends in a link to a short but nostalgic article about this site's reason for existence: Babylon 5: Into the Fire.

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    RIP
    Wait.... that image is from our front page and it is NOT from ITF
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Aw, frick. Why couldn't they have done it when one of my renders was Screen Shot Of The Indeterminate Period Of Time? ;)
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    "According to Sierra, Into the Fire was going to have more than 1,000 different ships and 200 unique locations. "

What? Is that true? That sounds crazy.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'm not sure where they got the 1000 different ships thing from...

[QUOTE=croxis;159886]Wait.... that image is from our front page and it is NOT from ITF[/QUOTE]

Oh man... Trident is going to be [i]so[/i] happy! :D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    The 1000 ships thing wasn't 1000 different ship types, but an end game scenario where we wanted the engine to be able to handle 1000 ships in the engine at the same time.

;)
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    What is that? Coriana 6? Man, that battle would rule. Though I'd probably get blown away within a few seconds!
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    As I recall, 1000 ships was galaxy-wide, and "only" a few hundred would be in the current engagement. But the game would be keeping track of the other ships and what they were doing in the far reaches of space in the background.
  • Sergei SSergei S Earthforce Officer
    First two screenshots ("Tiger" and Dilgar fighters) are not from ITF.

(Dilgar fighter model is based on the ITF concept, but there was no such screenshot in ITF times.)
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Hmm link doesn't go to the article. Redirects to TomsHardware UK & Ireland...
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    yeah i get that too
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    I want to get a hangover ...
    Its all a cruel trick by Biggles
    The link works just fine for me.
    Nope auto re-direct to tomshardware.co.uk still. Must be us UK users who are effected for some reason.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    They got the same article there

[url]http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/05/03/the_best_games_never_published_uk/page3.html[/url]
  • TridentTrident Ranger
    The first two shots ARE from my mod :p. Wow I am very impressed that they would mistake my work for something professional that never existed.

LOL.... wow... I am just... speechless...

I don't know how they mistaked the tiger, it never was shown anywhere on the sierra site, but I did try to make my Dilgar Fighter as close as to the fighter from the exinct Sierra site.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Nostalga is nice, but it does nothing but piss me off, with all the crap games out there, to have one with this much potential just die, Damn you Sierra, DAMN YOU TO HELL!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Maybe we should let them know they've got the wrong stuff? :P

Though this does make me proud that they apparently used FirstOnes as the source of their images. Sad, though, that my piss-poor site layout had them choosing the wrong ones ;)
    Perhaps that will inspire you to get on with the new layout you're supposed to be creating, then. :p
    I sent him an email about it and we have been corresponding