Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Bill Gates attacks

Thought this was interesting,

millions fighting to stop Sony

[url]http://www.ps3center.net/story-606.html[/url]

Comments

• OMG this is rediculous. They are suing a company for a damn vibrating motor in a controller...What next? They are going to sue movie companies just because they use their software and don't credit it in their movies?
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Perhaps they will sue manufacturers of other vibrating devices.

Next up: M$ Feminine Enjoyment Product Lines
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Its sort of a big deal because Sony could not sell their force feedback controllers with the PS3 due to a patent infringement lawsuit from that company that developed the technology. Those controllers were very popular with the PS1 and PS2 apparently and will likely harm the PS3 if they end up not being able to sell them. Microsoft is is trying to stick it to sony at every chance they get. They are paying developers loads of cash for exclusive titles and content for the Xbox 360.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Yet another sign that patent laws need to be updated
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;161720]Microsoft is is trying to stick it to sony at every chance they get. They are paying developers loads of cash for exclusive titles and content for the Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]
    And this is different from what sony has been doing in the last 10 years... how?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Trident;161718]What next? They are going to sue movie companies just because they use their software and don't credit it in their movies?[/QUOTE]

Why do you think most movies have made-up graphics on computer screens when Windows would do the job just fine? It's not because it's easier...
  • I know what this thread is missing!

< PS3 Fanboy >HAHA look at st00pid M$ they suck freakin crybabies PS3 is so much better they don't break like the X360 oh yeh and PS3 can fly too!< /PS3 Fanboy >

And

< 360 Fanboy >Hells yeah about time Microsoft put the hurt on sony! Who the hell would buy a PS3 it's too expensive and looks stupid and won't last a month. 360 Rulz!< /360 Fanboy >

PC Disclaimer: this is a joke not a flame; any grammar/syntax differences in the above statements is purely for variety and comical effect, and in no way implies a particular stereotype against one person or another. Inspired by the wonderful, open-minded human beings who frequent the [H]ardforums.
    [QUOTE=Biggles;161726]Why do you think most movies have made-up graphics on computer screens when Windows would do the job just fine? It's not because it's easier...[/QUOTE]

There's also those that show Mac OS ;)
    (I actually think there's more movies/tvshows that show Mac OS than those showing windows...)
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    [QUOTE=RubberEagle;161724]And this is different from what sony has been doing in the last 10 years... how?[/QUOTE]
    I never said it was different. I just meant MS is trying to turn the tables on Sony bigtime this time around. The thing is the amount of money MS is paying is probably way more than Sony ever did for exclusivity. They paid the Grand Theft Auto people (Take Two?) 50 bloody million just for Xbox specific episodes. Not even the whole game. I also heard the next Splinter Cell game is going to be Xbox/Vista exclusive. I don't know how much they paid but it must have been a hell of a lot considering that game has been one of the strongest playstation titles.
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    the writing is on the wall for M$ft... the growing malaise... the dying of the corporate light.... M$ft will fall, slowly, painfully, clawing everyone in the process...
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    So did Microsoft suddenly lose the 90% of the computer market it has held for the last 10 years while I wasn't looking? :p

It's not that I'm a big fan of Microsoft but I think we're going to see them dominate the OS market for years to come.
  • We see Mac's in movies because they are sponsors (Advertizing). I was talking more of, someone wrote the script in MS Word, and Microcrap sue's the movie companies because it didn't state the script was written using their software, that kind of crap.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    The hole thing about vibrating contolers is old stuff. Immersion sued MS, Sony and Nintendo some years ago because of patent infrigiment. MS and Immersion settled with MS paying some huge amount of money for licens. Now Sony also settled, but because I don't know the deal made between MS and Immersion back then and Sony and Immersion now, so I can't really say who's right and who's wrong.

I'm quite sure if MS sued someone over using a legal copy of Word without stating they used that software would be against the EULA or something similar.
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;161729]I never said it was different. I just meant MS is trying to turn the tables on Sony bigtime this time around. The thing is the amount of money MS is paying is probably way more than Sony ever did for exclusivity. They paid the Grand Theft Auto people (Take Two?) 50 bloody million just for Xbox specific episodes. Not even the whole game. I also heard the next Splinter Cell game is going to be Xbox/Vista exclusive. I don't know how much they paid but it must have been a hell of a lot considering that game has been one of the strongest playstation titles.[/QUOTE]

ah, sorry, i kinda interpreted your post as "poor sony, microsoft is so evil"... probably to much (or to little) coffeine....
    Of course what rockstar wants now for GTA4 exclusivity (even just new content) is higher than what sony might have payed for GTA3 (i can't remember ever reading any numbers what they paid). Gamedevelopment for the 360/PS3 is more expensive than for the ps2 (especially the art. Nowadays you need high(er)-res textures, when on the PS2 you sometimes got the feeling the models were just shaded with one or two colors ;)

That said, i'm very much against buying exclusivity(?). More often than not it damages a games sales, just look at the first new PoP and Beyond Good and Evil (now [b][i]that[/i][/b] game truly deserves a sequel). Their sales were hugely disappointing on the PS2, iirc.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    All these legal fees will just drive up the gaming systems cost. I bet Immersion gave Sony a good deal and M$ got angry. The mental picture of Bill Gates controlling my vibrations from his mega mansion in Washington State is a horror:).... yuck/puke
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Immersion won a lawsuit, thats why ;)