Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

New Farscape and BSG shorts

Comments

• What. The. Frak.

there was a mention of a midseason break, too...for frak's sake. bullshit. FRAK!
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [QUOTE=WORF;166291]It's going to be a YEAR since the last season ended...and still no word on having a long mid season break or not :(
    [/QUOTE]
    With a bit of luck it'll be broadcast somewhere else first, like the second halves of the stargate seasons in the last years, or the first BSG season...
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Here I was happy because Razor is less than a month away and just a short hop way of about a month after was S4. Now the wait after Razor is going to be the same as the wait up to Razor!
    Something tells me in spite of their profound stupidity, scifi execs know at least well enough to not broadcast BSG in other countries first. Everyone else will download the show with such a nasty wait. I think this delay is just to make the midseason split into 2009 a lot more plausible.
  • I wonder if the writers' strike fizzles if they'll keep the season in one piece.
    There is YET another rumor that NBC might be airing BSG, this time due to the writers strike which will possibly leave NBC short on new material.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Horray, rationality through desperation! Maybe.

I'm wondering if Scifi will produce a small PSA to play right after the mid-season break begins, featuring one of their programming executives sucker punching a fan in the face a dozen or so times and then kicking them after they have fallen to the floor, screaming in pain. They've certainly had the guts to act like that, so why not show it?
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Based on what I just read about the upcoming strike ([URL="http://www.whedon.info/David-Fury-Why-Hollywood-writers.html"]link[/URL]), it makes sense that NBC would want something to show in January when the networks will start lacking new episodes. So I don't get the delay...I doubt they're still waiting for the final scripts to be completed, they must be by now.

Worf
    Maybe we'll get to see BSG in January on NBC after all :D Even if they pull it after two episodes because it only drew in 8 million viewers instead of 8.3 million. Oh and hopefully they won't edit out risky scenes in order to make it more family friendly.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    There's [url=http://www.galactica.tv/battlestar-galactica-2003---interviews/gary-hutzel-galactica.tv-interview.html]an interview released yesterday with Gary Hutzel,[/url] the visual effects supervisior, about Razor. At the end, he mentions that scripts are written up to episode 13. However, about a month ago, they said they outlined the last four episodes. So my guess is that they know what's going to be in the last seven episodes, even if they haven't written the lines yet.
    Vorlons...we're talking about NBC Universal here. Risky isn't in their lineup. :P
    No No No! I can't wait until april! Must know what happens!
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VysVxz2_rQg[/url]
    They're going the wrong way!!!!!!!!!
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I shouldn't have watched that trailer, it's making me want to murder tv executives who make stupid decisions...

Worf
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Battlestar Galactica Razor is available from your favourite Pirate....

Frack, the english dialect of Stephanie Chaves-Jacobsen playing Kendra Shaw in Razor is frelling sexy :)

My verdict: I liked it.
    I...won't...give...in!
    I've got a (probably stupid) question: who was Lee's XO in Season 2?
    It was never revealed during season 2. However, the prerelease publicity for Razor indicated that it was Spoiler: the new girl, Kendra Shaw.
    That's not too big of a spoiler as it's been discussed in the interviews and previews.
    Well, better safe then sorry. And having not seen the movie, I don't know if there's any build up to it, as if it's supposed to be a surprise. (Don't tell me! I'm not asking!)
    Well...The buildup to the movie is:
    1. First Cylon War
    2. Second Cylon War: Galactica and Pegasus escapes
    3. Pegasus meets Galactica
    I meant buildup to finding out who Lee chooses as his first officer on Pegasus. And, again, I'm not asking.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    So it's a kind of "Lost Tales" for the Pegasus :P
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;166715]It was never revealed during season 2. However, the prerelease publicity for Razor indicated that it was Spoiler: the new girl, Kendra Shaw.[/QUOTE]

That's the reason I was asking. Spoiler: Especially because of what i think is Lee's last line in Razor
    Kind of...mixed together as an introduction to the last season.
    Looks like the long mid season break is now almost certain because of the writers strike. [url]http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/833/833633p1.html[/url]
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Frack... I suppose in a way it will mean that BSG will hang around a bit longer. Wonder what impact it will have on viewer numbers though. Will they have the patience to wait? I know we will but we're the hardcore lot and not the general joe public the tv people like to grab. But then its the last season so suppose it doesn't really matter any more.

Good on RDM doing his bit on the line. Would have been even more impressive if he had a Cylon behind him holding a placard. Now that would scare the tv studios!
    It doesn't matter for us if there is a midseason split or not. We're going to watch it to the end regardless. There is no next season renewal to worry about. It's really up to the network if they want to ensure good ratings on whats left, which it looks like they are not. What worries me a bit is that comment on the cast splitting and having to come back. Sounds like there is a slight possibility not everyone might be able to make it. After all they will have to continue working and have possible scheduling conflicts.
    I don't want it to hang around longer! I want it to end and be good. I loved the concept of the show, but things really started dragging when they widened the scope a bit. They really just need to finish things up and do something dramatic with that Earth place.
    So uhm, is anyone going to comment on Razor yet or am I going to have to be the first? :D
    At this point, we may as well wait the extra six days and just talk about the DVD version. ;)