Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

How Nerd are you?

croxiscroxis I am the walrus

Comments

• Seems we are equally dorky. :p
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    my science/math score felt low, but meh...
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    LOL
  • Huh, would have thought I would do better in the computer catagory

And my wife:

Who almost chose the internet over sex.
    I wonder if that says something?

Edit: I had to redo mine, for some reason when I put my Wife's in mine showed her scores as well.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
  • I think I SHOULD have scored higher in History... :(
  • and proof that it is highly innacurate:
    I'm OK with the Science/Math score
    I'm OK with the Tech/Comp score
    I'm fine with the Sci-Fi/Comic score
    History/Literature I'd say I'm much higher in than it gives credit. Just because I don't happen to own a copy of Homer's Illiad (I prefer the oddysy) doesn't mean I should be penalized. :D

and Dumb / Dork / Akward? Not so much. Large group of friends, not really akward around them at all...scocialize well with both the popular and the not-so-popular groups...

so yea, and OK test for the few questions it had, but not an accurate representation of a persons true psyche.
  • Sounds right to me! OMG I rated highest in the dumb/dork/awkward... what does that mean?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE=A2597;164960]so yea, and OK test for the few questions it had, but not an accurate representation of a persons true psyche.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's meant to be. :)
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    Okay, you heard the man, it's not accurate. Everyone, please stop taking the online test. It's not accurate.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Online tests are accurate, they are just not precise.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Im ok with that, but I really thought I would get higher on the computer one, seeing I play WoW. Then again, I havent programmed one line in 5 or 6 years..
  • What am I? Why am I?
  • [IMG][/IMG]
    [QUOTE=croxis;164965]Online tests are accurate, they are just not precise.[/QUOTE]

On what basis can you say that?

[QUOTE=Messiah;164966]Im ok with that, but I really thought I would get higher on the computer one, seeing I play WoW. Then again, I havent programmed one line in 5 or 6 years..[/QUOTE]

You play WoW? You must be a computer expert! Can you come fix my computers and my network? No need to worry about the printer, I'll get croxis to fix that. ;)
    Online tests are 100% accurate, i'm just not sure what they are accurate about.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=Biggles;164969]You play WoW? You must be a computer expert! Can you come fix my computers and my network? No need to worry about the printer, I'll get croxis to fix that. ;)[/QUOTE]

Do you have to be an expert just to be a computer nerd? I thought spending hours on hours in front of the screen every day would make up for some of that..

Im not saying I disagree with the result, I just thought it would have a greater impact on the test.. :p
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    [IMG]http://www.nerdtests.com/images/badge/nt2/101ceefd7701b9af.png[/IMG]

So, what now? Do I get a medal? Or a watercooler? I didn't even lie! *much ...* :D
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    [QUOTE=Messiah;164971]Do you have to be an expert just to be a computer nerd? I thought spending hours on hours in front of the screen every day would make up for some of that..
    [/QUOTE]Well, alot of people spend every day infront of a computer and only uses Word or Excel, but when their printer stop working they call techsupport...or croxis ;). So just spending time infront of a computer doesn't make you a nerd anymore. You got to know all the tech stuff also.
    my computer is a 1.21 jiggawat computer, am i a nerd?
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I hate you all =Þ

Accuracy is getting the same result each time you make a measurement of the same thing. Retake the the test 10 times and the results will probably be close to the same (and also suffer from repeat testing bias, but we can ignore that ;) )

Precision is how close the measurement is to reality. This I have no clue of and probably is very over rated (reality that is).