Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Stardust

MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
Anyone seen it? Quite good, liked it a lot more than Pan's Labyrinth

Comments

• C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    oh, I have to check it out because I liked Pan's Labyrinth
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I loved it. It reminded me a little bit of The Princess Bride.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    It was fun. But nothing at all like Pan's Labyrinth.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    De Niro was a hoot. The story felt a bit cliched at the start, but it settled into an enjoyable romp through a different sort of fantasy realm.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I, alas, missed the opportunity to see it back in Middle Earth, so now I have to either wait for the DVD release or see the Japanese dub.
    while some shots might lose their intended effect after the smallification, I suspect it'll be a movie that generally scales well.
  • Well written. I don't recall holes in the story. Good FX. A well thought out fairy tail.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    [quote=Sanfam;165698]
    while some shots might lose their intended effect after the smallification, I suspect it'll be a movie that generally scales well.
    [/quote]
    Well, you just have to take precautions to reduce the smallification as much as possible.
    Like so:
    [IMG]http://members.inode.at/clemens.gritsch/IGP1710.jpg[/IMG]
    [SIZE="1"]Sorry, built the screen this weekend, and i'm pretty giddy about it[/SIZE]
  • I just found out that this is based on one of Niel Gaiman's books. Was it written by him too? I haven't seen it yet.
    Proper precautions can indeed make it more worthwhile ;)
  • Mr_BesterMr_Bester Earthforce Officer St Louis MO
    It was based on Neil's book and he had input, but the script wasn't written by him. He was a producer and was very happy with the modifications they had to make translating it into a movie. You can check neil's blog at neilgaiman.com he talks about a lot of interesting stuff.
    Dug
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I loved the movie! It was fun. I actually liked it better than the book.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I saw it today, I thought it was brilliant :) I'll have to read the book at some point.

Worf
    "I thought the book was [I]much[/I] better than the movie."
    "You know what I liked about the movie? No reading!"
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I'm really into another one of Neil Gaiman's books now, it's called American Gods. I recommend it to all of you who like Fantasy. It's not the same as Stardust, it's darker, a bit more violent, more graphic, and definitely has more cursing.
  • And I got Absolute Sandman Volume 2 recently. I'm amazed how Neil Gaiman keeps introducing things that I think are stupid at first, but pay off by the end once I've seen just what he was doing.
  • Mr_BesterMr_Bester Earthforce Officer St Louis MO
    American Gods is good and the same universe is in Anansi Boys. Also good....
    And, once you finish American Gods, we catch up with shadow in Monarch of the Glen(IIRC) in the short story collection Fragile Things...
  • Cat tries to chomp the book my husband is reading. Cat gets scolded. I say that it is the cat's book to chomp and to let him ( just the tipe of thing I say ). We have many books with cat bites in them. Husband: No its my book. I notice the name of the book, Widdershins. I loudly proclaim it is the cat's book it even has his name on it!

I think it is one of Gaiman's books.

No it wasn't. Bad me.