Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Battlestar Galactica Demo PC

MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
[url]http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/35147/Battlestar-Galactica-PC-Demo[/url]

Just downloaded it, now going to test it :)

Comments

• MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Pile of crap, do not download
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'll stick with the freeware, I think...
  • All I have to say is, thank the gods that we did not get a C&D order for [I]this[/I] thing...That would have been an insult of the highest degree, I've gotta say.

"Yeah, immerse yourself in the BSG universe with authentic ships that have [I]shields[/I] and weapons [I]never mentioned in the show![/I]"
  • Looks promising...

/me laughs
  • [QUOTE=RedAssAg05;166499]"Yeah, immerse yourself in the BSG universe with authentic ships that have [I]shields[/I] and weapons [I]never mentioned in the show![/I]"[/QUOTE]Please tell me we get to hear EJO yelling "Shields up!"
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    I can hear Olmos now "Set Phasers to stun!"
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I don't really think BSG could make a compelling game. "Play out incoherent plot lines and never manage to die in combat no matter how badly the odds are stacked against you!" ;)

It would make a fun RTS, though. Move the Galactica across the map...Cylons follow. Move it again. Cylons follow. Rinse, repeat. ;)

Ok, I'll stop the prodding ;)
  • Have you played the BtRL demo yet? It might just make you second guess!
  • I really didn't like the single-player of BtRL all that much, especially the Spoiler: battle with scar. We were just spinning around in circles. I literally could have taped my joystick in place, and we would have kept going around like that for hours. And of course my wingmen were of no help whatsoever.

Multiplayer, however, is extremely fun, and I especially look forward to FREDding Battle of Endor style missions full of Base Stars and Mercury Class Battlestars.

Speaking of which, I should really head to the BtRL forum and see if that ancient Mercury WIP thread has been updated.
  • Mercury is undergoing retrofits currently...Razor is going to give us [I]many[/I] more references!!
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Ah, modeling the Pegasus, a task I would not look forward to. "An ortho, an ortho, my kingdom for an ortho!"