Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Hurrah for Dax, she's got a new job!!!

So almost 2 weeks ago now, I quit my last job at the Advocate. Bastards. Good to get rid of that stress. Anyway, I have been lounging around Lunenburg (about an hour away from Halifax, NS, Canada and where my boyfriend Peter lives) for a bit, looking for possible jobs, cleaning up around the place, walking the dog, very exciting stuff. :P

Today I go back to the city to pack up some of my stuff to bring to Lunenburg (since Peter asked me to move in after I quit my job). I get my mail and there's a cheque from Advocate- unexpected accrued vacation pay- nice!

I pack up some stuff, get on my way and stop for gas on the way out of town. On my way down the exit, my cell phone rings, it's Denby from HB Studios offering me a job! :)
It's not the original one I applied for (which actually doesn't exist anymore, long story but they canceled the project) but it's a contract that ends in Feb meaning that I can continue on with school after that.

Basically, they are paying me to play video games all day as a QA tester. It's probably not as fun as that but hey- it's an inn in the company and much better than sitting around.:)

I am pretty happy about it.

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    You so lose points for stealing Falcon1's idea ;)

Otherwise, fantastic news from the resident Canadian! :p
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I hope you like sports games. :D

Congrats anyway. :)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Paid to play video games, Are you SURE you are a girl?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Now thats a job I would happily do! Nice one Dax! :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It's not a job I'd do, after reading the essay by a QA tester on Penny Arcade some years ago. I think it was summed up as "Once, that game you love [i]sucked[/i]." :p
  • HB/Dax Sounds like a short term joining. ;) The upgrades keep on going!

I knew a Canadian woman who did that job from a board. She said it is very boring. Lots of free time (too much) to surf the net.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    congrats!

p.s try joining geek squad you'll have no free time ever. MY FEET ARE KILLING ME!
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Woohoo congrats girl! :) Its nice being offered a new job isn't it??!!
    No free time? well i get that for 6 months a year, from mid april, till the first week in November, I work 7 days a week 12-18 hours a day. but then i get the other 6 months off.

Believe me, i'd rather work the full year, and its not even the money, we make enough in 6 months to live a year on, but its the boredom. Warcraft can only eat up so much time in the winter.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Congrats, Dax! :)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Grats!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Rats!

Eh. Felt like the logical progression :p
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;166880]No free time? well i get that for 6 months a year, from mid april, till the first week in November, I work 7 days a week 12-18 hours a day. but then i get the other 6 months off.

Believe me, i'd rather work the full year, and its not even the money, we make enough in 6 months to live a year on, but its the boredom. Warcraft can only eat up so much time in the winter.[/QUOTE]
    I'm glad there somebody out there who is as geeked out as I am. What server do you play on? Not that I get much time to play these days.
  • congrats Dax!
    I've got a Human Mage on Llane, and just started a Blood Elf Hunter on Drenden, I only started playing last febuary, and haven't had much time to play this summer, but now that the winter is here....
  • Huh, no one took rat.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Well, Dax? How has it been so far? Do you like your new QA job? Or is it too early to tell?
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;166917]I've got a Human Mage on Llane, and just started a Blood Elf Hunter on Drenden, I only started playing last febuary, and haven't had much time to play this summer, but now that the winter is here....[/QUOTE]
    I have a 28 druid, 16 paladin on gnomeregan and a 45 on smolderthorn.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    actually I start Monday- I'll let you know how it goes though :)
    I've been filling in the time with freelance design stuff and joining up with the community band.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Congrats on your new job, I hope you enjoy it more than the last one :)

Worf