Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

So Harlan Ellison created Babylon 5!

Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/08/strike.impact/index.html[/url]

well according to CNN, at least it looks like it.

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    That's standard fare for Writer/work attribution. Doesn't necessarily mean he created it, but makes the connection that he did indeed work on it.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    well to me it looks like it was his show. so :p
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    If CNN says so, it must be true. Someone should tell JMS. Poor guy, so proud of it all these years only to find out he didn't create it after all :D
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I dunno, looks pretty clear to me that it says he wrote stories for B5.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Indeed. Its standard.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Its quite obvious he did everything and JMS just made the coffee and swept the studio floor.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Which, I guess, explains B5LR ;)
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    [QUOTE=Falcon1] Its quite obvious he did everything and JMS just made the coffee and swept the studio floor.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget he was the idiot who hit the wrong circuit breaker and shut down B5. If it wasn't for him, the show would've kept going! :angryv:
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yeah that was a real dumb ass thing to do. I mean pulling the wrong breaker causing a short circuit setting off a chain reaction that blew the station apart... I hope they docked him a weeks pay for that.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    Parenthetical references like that don't always mean that the person created the show being referenced.

When you see an actors name with movies listed in parentheses, do you think that the actor created the movies?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I dunno Sam, some of the shit out there it wouldnt surprise me! :p

Speaking of movies, my brother currently works for Dolby while he's on his placement year, and probably after graduation he says. Anyway, part of what he does is synching the sound on movies and setting up sound cinema/theatre/gig sound systems that use Dolby. For the last 3 weeks he's been working on the Beowulf movie, and last Tuesday was invited to the fracking London Premier!!! The one that Angelina Jolie turned up to with Brad Pitt, Ray Winstone et al!

Only downside was he was asked if he wanted to go on Tuesday, but had been planning for the last 3months to come back to Aberdeen to see his girlfriend this last weekend. He was rather gutted to say the least! Fekking typical of him tho, he's always been a jammy little git when it comes to things like this. His placement at Dolby for instance is one of only I think 7 places they offer to all the relevant universities in the UK.

Its not fair.....I get to go work for the NHS on placement, and I effectively have to pay for the privilege.....he gets just over half a regular salary!

*sigh*
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;167023]For the last 3 weeks he's been working on the Beowulf movie[/QUOTE]

Which one? theres three coming out in the near future, and I think there was 3 these last few years as well (yeah theyre ruled out)..

Whats with all the beowulf movies all of a sudden?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Probably the one with Angelina Jolie in it. :p As I recall, that's the one scripted by Neil Gaiman.