Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

EVE Online Trinity

[url]http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/35714/EVE-Online-Trinity-Launches-Prevents-Windows-From-Rebooting[/url]

They fucked up :P But it looks so sweeet....Too bad I didnt manage to play it enough last time to continue spending the monthly fee.....

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Lmao! Someone is soooo gonna get fired for that one! :D
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    The boot.ini file has been in there for a while, I knew it would cause issues at some point =P
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    One of the guys at work used to play this. The developers spend more time ignoring bugs and adding features and then more bugs. People that complain get shouted at by fanboys on the forums.

What he said anyway.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Whatever, their flashy new graphics still don't cover up the fact that CCP cheats at their own game.
    There is of course one very graceful solution to the problem.
    If you dont like it don't play =P
    Yeah he quit a while ago. Anyway playing and paying both EVE and WoW is a bit nuts really. He was a real git in EVE as well. Joining corps then looting everything after a few weeks then bailing with it all. Seemed to me that this was widespread through out the game.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    There are gits in every MMO. :p
    This is very true ;)
    Eh, it happens but I wouldn't say it is widespread. Corp directors do have the means to prevent that sort of thing but usually too lazy to set up the permissions properly.
  • to be fair, corporation managment is (/used to be?) a royal pain in the posterior cause the interface for it is complicated as hell... least it was when i last played

i'm curious about going back there at some point, also because i finished dreadnought and capital ships to lvl5 and got cash enough to get one.. hmmm
    Ahh, I've never ran a corporation so this may be true.
    If you do come back you should join one of the Knights of the Southern Cross corps and help us take down BOB =P
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I could just never get into Eve, granted i haven't played it since beta,
    I didn't play beta, but my understanding is that after a couple years the game is a whole lot different now. Mind you it is a niche game and isn't for everyone.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    I think that from a combat perspective, it is a significantly better game now than at launch. It is a much more tactical game now. Before it was pretty much just a game of how many battleships can each side muster for a fight. The side with the most won. Now, it is a very tactical game. Small mobile fleets of fast moving hard hitting ships can move in, with support ships playing vital roles in combat. The combat, even though still being point and click, is very cerebral and tactical. The most important component on the battlefield is not the guy with the most xp points, its the combat leader who can coordinate it all.

Course, who the hell cares when they cheat and now apparently screw up your computer. A few of the AQM guys still play, one of them had the bug hit them, and their computer failed to boot. It took him a while to get it back up and running, and didn't realize until AFTER he got back online it was Eve that caused it.
  • I heard about this, lossing a boot.ini can be a pain.

Cheaters ruin all MMO's. Thats the bad thing about PC's, on consoles it is allot more difficult to cheat with MMO.
  • well as big as a media hype that whole developper-cheating-bob-loving-instantmessage-debate was, i still consider the guys that are making the game to be pretty amazing and not as stiffnecked as a lot of other game devs.

that plus patch day on any game is something that should be treated with a lot of... ummm "respect" (as in: do not try to be the first back online or youll end up being last, let someone else break his computer) :D