Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Bigger on the inside...

So Peter and I have our computers in "the study" together and wanted a way to share our media back and forth (and also with our projector) so we got a 500gb external hard drive that will mount using the router ...

[IMG]http://aurora.omgod.com/gallery/d/6302-1/T-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• and soon 500GB will be too little and you upgrade to 1TB and soon after that you will run out of space again and then..... :p
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Was there something in particular you wanted us to look at in that screenshot? :gpa:
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Bigger on the inside == TARDIS.
    I guess if you get it you get it, if you don't you don't :P
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I got it, just messing with ya. :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    That's a great name for it :)

Worf
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'm sorry, Callie already beat you to it with her storage drive being called that. :p Though she doesn't quite have an icon configured, but that wouldn't be terribly difficult. ;)
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    What drive did you get? I"ve got a 500gb Seagate FreeAgent E-Sata drive that i love, i do wish i'd held out for the 1tb tho
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I think I am going to flat out steal that idea.

With no shame at all.

Bf and I need to get our computers in the same room *peers*
  • Why not upgrade all the way to 6TB SATA NAS? Samsung SpinPoint F1 750GB HDD's are quite cheap these days... too bad those 333GB platters come exclusively within the 1TB models.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    We got this one:
    [url]http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10097033&catid=23795&logon=&langid=EN[/url]

and yeah Croxis, it rocks being in the same room, I'll post pics of the house some day...

Sanfam: I can send her the icon if she wants...
    Funny that one mentions the Spinpoint F1 750gb. Gabby's system is currently being a bit of a pain in the ass right now about accepting and working with a damned HDD. :p
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I like my drive because it's E-SATA, i can't connect it to a router, but i can share it, so it's available over the network, but when i copy to it locally, it's much faster than USB2.0 or Firewire.

and it glows a pretty orange...
  • [QUOTE=Sanfam;169019]Funny that one mentions the Spinpoint F1 750gb. Gabby's system is currently being a bit of a pain in the ass right now about accepting and working with a damned HDD. :p[/QUOTE]
    Indeed there seems to be some compatibility problems with certain SATA2 controllers (I don't know which ones... yet), but otherwise the performance/storage capacity/cost ratio is great.
    I'm guessing the integrated VIA SATA/RAID controller is one of those. :p
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    well since Peter and I have our computers in the same room, we are plugged into the network directly, it gets a bit wonky when we try using it with the laptop over wireless but then we just pick it up and take it places :P