Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The inside of the Enterprise

croxiscroxis I am the walrus
[url]http://io9.com/347841/inside-the-new-enterprise-track-lighting-and-boringness[/url]

I'm not sure if I like the spot light effect, seems very wasteful and inefficient to me. Definitely darker than the TOS version, even Enterprise and Voyager. I'm sure it will grow on me

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Looks ok.
  • So THAT'S what they've been doing with the Galactica/Basestar props when BSG wasn't shooting...

EDIT: I swear I didn't see the other responses on the link before I posted. I'm original, honest!
  • I really wish they had kept with brighter colors. Not everything needs to be dark and depressing.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Dark and depressing is in. It's the BSG effect.
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Doesn't really suit in Trek universe this dark style indeed.

- PJH
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Well, the photo is grainy so it's hard to get an accurate idea of how the inside will look exactly but I think it's fine. It reminds me of NX-01's interiors crossed with NCC-1701 in TWOK with a splash of BSG... and as the songwriter once said: "Two out of Three Ain't Bad". ;)
  • I've been thinking of this trek film the same way I look at Batman Begins.
    Recreating a genre, and doing it well.

I doubt it will live up to that standard, but hey, never know.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    A-shaped halls, they're the wave of the future!
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kve1oGPjf8]Slanted walls and A shaped halls, now all they need are old fashioned phones. [/url] :D Looks like they bought the Pegasus set after Razor was finished.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I hope this is inaccurate. The Federation isn't dark and moody.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    That's probably either construction lighting or ship's night. Maybe both.
  • mirror universe is. :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I said it in the other thread, I'll say it again here:

[QUOTE]"they should have had the borg invade, assimilate everything and be done with it. the next startrek series: the borg invade the federation and assimilate it, only a handful of ships manage to escape and that show will be called: battlestar enterprise"[/QUOTE]

EDIT: On second thoughts, that could be a corridor from the villain's ship?

Worf
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Spoiler: Arnt romulans involved in this movie?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I dont think it looks too bad to be honest. I know starfleet isnt meant to be a real military force, but it looks more like a ship that is capable of taking punishment.
    [QUOTE=croxis;169395] Spoiler: Arnt romulans involved in this movie?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and apparently Eric Bana is the villain. This presents a continuity error, but it's one I can live with.
    Spoiler: That's only assuming someone who isn't Nimoy-Spock sees him [i]and[/i] learns he's not a Vulcan. Otherwise, everything is cool.
  • Down Below lighting. Say it isn't so!
  • die die die continuity errors ...die die die
    That is what they are doing =p
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;169402] Spoiler: That's only assuming someone who isn't Nimoy-Spock sees him [i]and[/i] learns he's not a Vulcan. Otherwise, everything is cool.[/QUOTE]

This is true, but again, even if they choose to ignore this aspect of canon I won't be upset. I hate to admit it (as I might have to turn in my official nerd/Trekker membership card) ;) but I never really liked TOS. This is likely due to the fact that I can't identify with it as it was before my time. Therefore, it seems really dated to me. On the other hand, I grew up with TNG and its spinoffs so they mean much more (well, TNG and DS9, anyway). ;) Even still, I'm not too picky concerning sci-fi canon so far as different series are concerned, at least when it comes to remakes/reboots.

[QUOTE=PSI-KILLER;169405]die die die continuity errors ...die die die[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to say that even if this is just a "soft reboot", you can be sure there will be a few. :)
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I fail to see what continuity has to do with Star Trek, I mean they resurrected Spock!! And this is a prequel, so they can almost bloody do whatever they want to and I hope they do.

I think many complained about Berman and Co. that they weren't taking any chances and always delivering their bland, recycled stories. I'm going to pray that they get off the beaten path and give us something fresh and exciting.

I'm still upset that they didn't fully explore (to my knowledge, never saw the second half of the 3rd and the entire 4th season) the temporal cold war in Enterprise. WTF?

BSG delivered, for the most part. Time to kick the tires and get it on, dammit. :D
  • ST,TNG Don't go too fast or space will break apart,...
    Never mind.
    We can read Ferangy minds,..
    No we can't
    Beware the bug people getting into your body, your mind.
    Don't worry.
    And so forth.

There isn't a lot of continuity as I see it. Mostly good shows though.
  • watch this clip and see how horrible the continuty is. the writers were on dope or something.

[url]http://chrisjohnsondiscussesstuff.blogspot.com/2007/10/star-trek-continuity-humor.html[/url]
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Lol. I couldn't stop laughing. :)
  • it is funny but also sorta serious, any writer that makes a continutiy error should pay a fine to the viewer. :)
  • [QUOTE=PSI-KILLER;169414]watch this clip and see how horrible the continuty is. the writers were on dope or something.

[url]http://chrisjohnsondiscussesstuff.blogspot.com/2007/10/star-trek-continuity-humor.html[/url][/QUOTE]

I've got to watch all the movies some time.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    from what i've heard, they are making Kirk out to be a lousy student who had to cheat his way through the academy to pass, seems a bit revisionist to me, although he DID reprogram the kobayashi maru so that he could pass. but i wouldnt exactly call that "Cheating"
    I would call it cheating. It isn't that much different from going into your teacher's computer and change some of the exam questions to ones you knew.
    Well, it depends on which version you believe of what he did. The most common is that he programmed in a reputation, so the klingons would respect and fear him so much that they didn't fight and, in fact, helped him recover the KM. That's cheating. On the other hand, a memorable SNW story had Kirk remove the computer's unfair advantages- The klingons would no longer have unlimited reinforcements, their shots wouldn't always score critical hits, they wouldn't always have perfect sensor information... basically, the exact same test, but realistic. That, I'd call changing the conditions of the test. He made it possible to win, but he still had to do the winning himself.

However, the information on Kirk's academy history and sleeping his way to the top did, as I recall, come from Fat Harry and AICN, so I wouldn't trust it. At all.