Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Morbid February Continues...

SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
[URL="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/11/movies/11scheider.html?em&ex=1202878800&en=d67b73161697dc8d&ei=5087%0A"]Roy Scheider dead at 75.[/URL] Being the media fans we all are, I have no doubt that everyone here was at least touched by one of his projects.

Comments

• RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I think the director of the "Punisher" movie (where he played Frank Castle's father) put it best (i think on the audiocommentary) when he said he cast Roy Scheider because he needed someone who could bring the warmth, strength and likeability in the short time that the character is on screen. (or something like that... my memory isn't what it used to be)
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Sort of unexpected.. didnt even know he had any illness.

Anyway.. Good actor, one of those guys who could make even crappy movies watchable.. depending on how much he was on screen. And depending on how crappy the movie actually was. :)
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    :(

Jaws is one of my all time favorite movies. He will be missed.
  • Sad news. I enjoyed his work.

Guess this means he won't be involved in future SeaQuest remakes:(
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    *singing*

[I]show me the way to go home,
    I'm tired and I want to go to bed,
    I had a little drink about an hour ago and it got right to my head.[/I]

That was actually the first thing I thought of. sad indeed.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I will miss the captain of the SeaQuest. :*(

[quote]
    show me the way to go home,
    I'm tired and I want to go to bed,
    I had a little drink about an hour ago and it got right to my head.[/quote]

I know that....what is that from?
  • Garabaldi sang it. All I know of it.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    Richard Dreyfus and the old ship captain sang it on the boat at night with Roy looking on in Jaws. Its one of the coolest scenes of the movie to me because its these 3 guys, on a boat in the ocean, and they are singing and swapping sea stories. This is also when the old captain tells Dreyfus he was on the ship that delivered the bomb. Its a powerful scene.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    :( Damn! He was one of my absolute favourite actors! I absolutely loved him in SeaQuest and 2010.

Damn this is turning into a crappy day all round :(
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    He was one of the greatest and most subtle actors of our time. :(
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Too bad, I always liked wacthing almost any movie he was in. There was something about him that was very likable. I remember as a kid I watched Blue Thunder almost daily. :D
  • I remember watching a little bitty of Jaws. I still can't go into the ocean.
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    Another great actor gone.

Of his work Jaws movies come to my mind first of course. I will always remember him from those great movies. There aren't many actors of his kind left anymore unfortunately.

- PJH
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I agree, he will be missed. While Jaws is in my greatest movies collection, I also enjoyed his work in 2010, Blue Thunder, the French Connection and the TV series, SeaQuest.

Somehow he was never the notorious Hollywood-type, and some of his peers have called him a "professional" actor, probably because he worked like others do from dawn 'til dusk without ever complaining or being arrogant pricks. Just doing his job and for the love of acting.

To me he kind of dropped off the radar almost entirely after his work on SeaQuest and according to his [URL="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001702/"]filmography[/URL], he's been quite busy until very recently ("Dark Honeymoon" which was completed and "Iron Cross" which wasn't, according to IMDb), so it looks like I'll have some catching up to do.

So many movies, so little time.