Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

FirstOnes Gaming League

SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
Ok, not really. But a couple of us have been playing Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance regularly and have been considering expansion into other games. So this seems like the logical place to consider such things (or to recruit more for FA :p)

My first suggestion...
[URL="www.lfs.net"]Live For Speed[/URL], a realistic racing sim which trades graphics for realistic physics and high customizability. Multiple tiers of pricing make it a fairly reasonable purchase for most and a very entertaining option.

Battlefield 2 (Because I have it): It's entertaining enough, better with a squad of people you know.

Battlefield 2: Project Reality: A notable shift from the standard BF2 gameplay. It's...quite different. Best read up on it yourself rather than let me mangle it through poor explanation.

Comments

• croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Sanfam, Logic and I have put together a list of what we have: [URL="http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pHYEKdvWIlVLoSpOTDQKkEQ&hl=en"]http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pHYEKdvWIlVLoSpOTDQKkEQ&hl=en[/URL]

Now I am vry drunk and out of the country so I can't add anyone to dedit this list as I am dunk and out of thiscountry, but I willdo so when I get back.

Now I will try to sleep
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    not sins of a solar empire?
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    tosses in:
    UT2k4 (Since UT3 isn't that great)

CS:Source

Team Fortress 2
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Sins of a Solar Emipre (as already suggested by C_Mon)

Civilization 4

Bridge Commander?

Worf
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I'm pulling down Live for Speed right now to play with the demo.

If its good, it just might be worth pulling my wheel out of retirement.

Jake
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    FEAR, just because it's what I've played the most lately so I'm better at it :D. The multiplayer part is freely downloadable as well.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I wish I could join you guys but I have neither the processor nor the graphics card for most of these games. I also don't have any wheels or controllers for my computer either. *feels left out* :(
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Starcraft!

Worf
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    I'm always up for Battlefield 2 and Team Fortress 2.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I'm A2597 on Steam. :)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'm Sanfam on BF2...hunt me down as needed :p

Freejack: It's...just so damned fun.

Also, the damage system is fantastic, but collision detection isn't. I want to get a good bash-'em-up event together and trade some paint, but I don't think anyone would make it too far :p
    Heh, found my wheel, game is just about impossible without it.

Fun game, but the AI doesn't like giving up the line if you are in it....

Jake
    The AI isn't the selling point. ;) It follows the line to heart, no more.
    I've updated the spreadsheet.

Also, Sins of a solar empire demo is now out: [url]http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/sinsofasolarempire/download_6188180.html[/url]
    Sanfam,

I think this got lost the other night in IRC, but can you play multi on LFS without buying anything?

[EDIT] Nevermind, found the answer, you can, but you are of course limited to the one track and the few cars.

Jake
    Yes.

Hit multiplayer. find out. :P

You're limited to the demo cars, but full configuration options with them. For half retail price, you can get access to the full S1 line-up and more maps/deployable autocross configurations. for $50-ish, you get all of the cars (Demo, S1, S2) and maps. Any version is playable with any other. since racing the base models is fairly fun and rather free, I thought it would make for an interesting game for those not willing to spend money.

I rallycrossed with the XF last night and went against a couple of folks...including one F3000-esque car. The best part was watching the track racer get stuck on a bump.
    updated with my bro's lineup

Sanfam, you need to teach me how to play bf 2, I fail
    Point, click. Done.

And medic whore for your first couple of promotions.

also, get special forces if you don't already have it. It seems silly, but just playing online for one round is all you need to ensure double unlocks every promotion plus three more rookie promos if you start from scratch in SF.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    my first mmorpg witll be stargate. the montly fee is killing me though.