Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

My First Dual Core

I was thinking of buying a new quad core computer , then came across this steal. I saved many dollars!! Will my life evolve to a higher form of existance???? I am so excited!!!

[url]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103001[/url]

Comments

• It's a deactivated item as far as I see it.

But it's still a great CPU. I use one now.

An Intel Quad- or Dual- core would have been faster, though.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Seems to be active to me. Vertigo_1, it seems that Psi-Killer was looking to save a couple bucks and not worry about the whole cost thing. While an E2180, E2200, or E4500 practically blow that away for one third to three quarters the price, they don't involve purchasing a new motherboard. I'm utterly fascinated by how many people have ignored the low-end "Pentium Dual Core" E2000 options. The Allendale core may not be as efficient as Conroe or Wolfsdale, but it's damned good.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    Not just the mobo too, memory, new case, new video card, new os. I saved multiple hundreds for an extra year of life.

Item List

CPU AMD|OPT 185 2.6G 939 2x1M 90 % - OEM (Qty=1, Price=$159.99)
    (Shipped from City of Industry, CA)
    CPU COOLER SCYTHE|SCSMZ-1100 R - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$21.99)
    (Shipped from City of Industry, CA)
    Memory is cheap these days. and the scythe could be adapted to the intel platform. :D
    plus new monitor, new power supply, new hd drives, new 3.5 drive, new keyboard, new mouse, new blu-ray burner, etc, etc, maybe next year when dx10.8 is out
    Also, next major upgrade, you could join the cult of us with Antec P182s running Q6600s (as cooled by Ninjas) and 8800GTs. :p
  • I'm running my Opteron 185 in a P180 (it's actually a black 182, but they sold it as a 180) cooled by a Ninja, with a 7800 GTX...can I come?

Also, PSI, didn't realize you had a 939 system. In that case, you bought the best CPU you could have :)

Also, re: the deactivated item, it works for me now, but I still have an IE tab open with it saying it was deactivated. *shrugs*
    Newegg is finicky about low-stock products. :p They do a lot of quiet shuffling every hour of the day.

And no, you cannot. You don't have an 8800GT or an intel CPU. Our club has a very strict "NO AMD (ATI Inclusive!)" rule. So nya. :p
    A Intel Mobo with an AMD chipset is a war within mybox.

Nvidia 9800GTX is a holdover product waiting for real competition with AMD.

Arctic Silver...check
    Arctic Clean parts 1 & 2..check
    computer tool kit....check