Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Iron Man

SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
It's out...and it's goood.

I had some issues with over-the-top product placement in a few spots, but movie as a whole made up for most.

One thing I did notice about it was the run-time versus perceived coverage. It felt as if it were missing about a half hour of general character development. Its largest weakness seemed to be that many characters felt as if their development was "skipped" past and the plot advanced. This, however, is only a minor complaint given the general quality of the rest of the movie. Superb.

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm hopefully going to see it this afternoon or some time at the weekend. Cant wait! :)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Don't forget to stick around past the credits!
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Ah crap, there was something after the credits? I was thinking there probably will be something because almost every movie have them these days, but I had to pee so I skiped the credits.

It was a fun/good movie. Only problem was all the funny parts because there was this guy behind me and he didn't talk during the movie or anything but every time something funny happened he laughed really loudly. Became quite annoying at the end. :p
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Cant wait to see the movie...

Hope they will put the lost bits into dvd, now its prolly done american audiences in mind, and cut all the "needless" bits between action.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    OMG ok, now THAT'S how you make a damn superhero movie!!! :D
    Of course there were cliches, it was a superhero movie, how could there not be? But they didn't feel like cliches, they felt right and logical as if it was stuff like this that invented those cliches to begin with. It was only at the end that I realized they were cliches at all right before I realized I didn't give a shit.

I agree with Sanfam that if it had one weakness, some characters were underused and/or underdeveloped. I still felt things for said characters however so it wasn't a huge problem and besides I have a very strong feeling there will be a sequel...or three.

Overall, this was fantastic, one of the best movies I've seen in a while and certainly one of the best superhero movies I've ever seen. I'd say it even topped Batman Begins for me, at least on initial viewing. Repeated viewings may make other flaws more obvious, we'll see.

One last thing, welcome back Robbie! OMG he proved his acting credibility with this, he was totally at the top of his game and he has never looked hotter, and that's from someone who has always had a crush on him. :D
    Have you seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? Totally recommended.. He has had his credibility back long before that even.

Singing Detective was nice... He was in Good Night, Good Luck.. Scanner Darkly.. Zodiac.. and even better, he will be in a funny looking comedy called Tropic Thunder. Even if it has Ben Stiller, seems like its going to be fun.
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Tropic_thunder_ver3.jpg[/url]
    That brings to mind something that just occurred to me. One thing that definitely made this movie work is Robert's humor. He is definitely one of those that can do humor and seriousness in the same breath and make both convincing. I've always admired that about him.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Lord Refa;172698]Even if it has Ben Stiller, seems like its going to be fun.[/QUOTE]

Stiller can be highly entertaining. Zoolander is a great comedy (mind you, part of that is Duchovny as the former hand model turned conspiracy theorist).
    God I seriously want to go see this movie again...like today. :D
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Great movie. Cant say anything bad about it. (Even the blacksmithing is great, not like that Rambo shit).
  • I went through the whole movie thinking of Obadiah as "Jeff Lebowski with a bigger beard"
    Is that a good or bad thing?
  • bobobobo (A monkey)
    My biggest complaint was the idiot talking on the cell phone behind me during the final battle. Grrr...

Other than that, *fun* movie. And you *must* stay to the very end.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE=the_exile;172718]I went through the whole movie thinking of Obadiah as "Jeff Lebowski with a bigger beard"[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same, actually. I couldn't place the name until now, but there you go. :P
    [QUOTE=bobo;172725]My biggest complaint was the idiot talking on the cell phone behind me during the final battle. Grrr...

Other than that, *fun* movie. And you *must* stay to the very end.[/QUOTE]

You mean you didn't turn around, take it away and throw it? I almost did that once and I think I will the next time someone tries that shit on me.
  • StrikerStriker Provided with distinction
    I saw it Saturday night. One of the only movies I've been to where I didn't look at my watch to see the time. I don't think there was a boring moment in that movie. I got there nice and early while my friends showed up ten minutes before the movie started. :angryv:

I ended up next to some rather large person who refused to share the left arm support. When he finally moved I put my arm down. Then he proceeds to put his damn drink in the arm support I just claimed. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, this is why you go to good movies 30+ minutes before they start. You get to scout on a good location and "save" chairs around you so you will have elbow room. :) Oh, this was the first movie I ever saw in digital projection. All I can say is.....niiiiiiiiiicccccceeeeeeeeeeee.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    my question is when are we gonna see another Steven Seagal movie?
    [QUOTE=JohnnyOnTheSpot;172736]my question is when are we gonna see another Steven Seagal movie?[/QUOTE]

Oh god no. Anything but that! :p

But no, seriously, I need to see this movie again. Maybe tonight if I finish my homework. :D
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=JohnnyOnTheSpot;172736]my question is when are we gonna see another Steven Seagal movie?[/QUOTE]

Hrm, that's pushing the rules there...[url]http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?t=7233&highlight=Steven+Siegal[/url]

Jake
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    haha well anyway I'm seeing it this weekend, works been a bitch lately and I have no time off this week.
    I'm seeing it again tonight with my roommate and then I'm probably going to go again this weekend :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Just back from finally seeing it :) i liked! a lot!

My only complaint besides the rather brief character development (if they cut a bunch then maybe fixed with a directors cut?) was that we didnt get to see enough of the suit kicking ass before getting trashed.

Actually thats my only complaint with most of these films: you get great detail on their personal lives and such, and when they come up against the uber-bad guy who kicks their ass until the last fight scene, but you dont get to see them kicking some [b]serious[/b] ass first! I know it would get boring after a while if they come out on top for most of the film, but dammit that just wasnt enough!

:) my 2 cents
    Oh don't worry dearest, they are already working on the sequel and I read somewhere that the actors' contracts are for [i]three[/i] movies. Besides, there were so many little hints thrown around here and there, you just know that more depth and development is coming in the next one. I'm looking forward to Terrance Howard's character becoming War Machine which was definitely hinted at.
    Heh oh yeah I know they're gonna do more, so I'm not overly bothered. They're just nitpicks in terms of it it being [b]a[b] movie :)

And yes, War Machine was a pretty big hint! :D