Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Lucid Dreaming

JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
Lately I've been having very vivid dreams, that I seem to be able to control. I'm usually fully aware that I'm dreaming as well. I've recently switched medications to ceroquel a sleep inducing medication this might have something to do with it. Or my diet? Have any of you ever experienced Lucid dreams? And if so do you have alot of control about what you dream about?

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    When I was about 15, I started taking kontrol of my dreams. Whenever I have nightmares, I kan usually summon a sword or whatever to get me through, and if want, I kan kontinue to a dream I dreamt yesterday or a week before, the next time I fall asleep.

Yea, and it was about the same time I started having really vivid dreams..

I dont think it really signifies anything..
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I am the nightmare.. so dont really have much problems with that.

And these days dont dream that much.. Not in ages.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    [QUOTE=Messiah;173112]When I was about 15, I started taking kontrol of my dreams. Whenever I have nightmares, I kan usually summon a sword or whatever to get me through, and if want, I kan kontinue to a dream I dreamt yesterday or a week before, the next time I fall asleep.

Yea, and it was about the same time I started having really vivid dreams..

I dont think it really signifies anything..[/QUOTE]
    still very interesting. My dreams are fairly static and don't really relate to any previous dreams I've had. Only very few have seemed like continuations of other dreams or even dreams where I realize I may have dreamed of that before.
  • ChaosedChaosed Ranger
    When I realize it is a dream I wake up. Had about a month were I hardly slept.
    thats usually the case when i dream but lately im fully conscious of all my dreams.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Richard Feynman wrote about his experiences of lucid dreaming in some of his books, I think it was in 'Surely you're joking". Might be of interest to you.

I've had a couple of dreams that I've been able to influence, but never control or direct beyond waking up if I really dont like them.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    I dream about the same shit almost every night. It's always a bit different, a different place, different people... but the general story is the same.
    I miss my Mortal Kombat dreams..

I had it almost every night.. There was this mountain with a small path going around it to the top.. and had to walk on it to get to the top.

But there were thousands of others as well.. all fighting to be the one to get to the only one at the top. And had to fight and kill each other. Basically using swords, knives.. sticks and whatever..

Those dreams ended with me always dying before reaching the top, and falling down, usually with a few swords, spears or such going through my body. And always I woke up with my face close to the roof, and falling down on the bed in shock of some sorts. Usually sweating all over and feeling pain in the bits of me that were cut or stabbed through.
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    This is something I'm really into, but can never do any more. I haven't done lucid dreaming in so long. I've tried quite a few different techniques, but it never works. It probably also doesn't help that it takes me at least an hour to fall asleep when I go to bed.
    What I do remember of my dreams are that they are just really bizarre, with people I know acting nothing like how they really act. I usually don't remember my dreams also. I remember reading that if you write down what you dreamt about right after you wake up, it's supposed to help you with lucid dreaming, but I don't want to risk having someone find that and wonder if I'm completely insane or something.
    This is something I get into for a while about once a year, but when nothing works, I just lose intrest.
    I can write down my next dreams and put all the non-sexual ones up here for you guys to read and decide whether I am totally bonkers or just nuts.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    I've been trying to have lucid dreams for a long time, just never succeeded.
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I've never had a lucid dream. I wish. My dreams always feel completely real to me such that I'm very often completely confused about where I am and even who I am if I'm woken up during one. They are extremely vivid, and very often repeat themselves or are continuations of other ones. In the continuations, I'll remember the previous dream as I would any other memory of previous events. It's almost like I cross over to a parallel world that's complete and real but I have no control and of course, really weird shit happens.
  • ChaosedChaosed Ranger
    I had a dream were I killed someone. 12 hours latter I realized it was a dream. I am so glad I went to work.
    @chaosed thats interesting also it must have been traumatic.

@Shadow Dancer I will check out the book when I get chance and have some spare cash probably when I get back from London. Thanks for the tip.

Had another one where I was some kind of Samurai. I was fighting a dragon very vivid, It then passed into a field of buildings in decay where I took pictures and faced a cougar, I took its picture then got mauled. I woke up in a sweat, I can still see the claws now.
    [QUOTE=sataicallista;173209]I've never had a lucid dream. I wish. My dreams always feel completely real to me such that I'm very often completely confused about where I am and even who I am if I'm woken up during one. They are extremely vivid, and very often repeat themselves or are continuations of other ones. In the continuations, I'll remember the previous dream as I would any other memory of previous events. It's almost like I cross over to a parallel world that's complete and real but I have no control and of course, really weird shit happens.[/QUOTE]

How do you know you're not dreaming NOW?
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    haha my friend says that all the time.
  • TridentTrident Ranger
    I never had lucid dreaming, but I used to be able to tell people about dreams they had in full detail with them telling me very little detail. But I can't do that anymore, I missed freaking people out... heh
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    I so rarely dream, or if I do I never remember them.

Ive had 3 vivid dreams in my life though, two I can still remember very well, and all three of them caused me upon waking to double check the operation status of the gun I keep bedside, they were that messed up.

Considering that, I'll stick with not having/remembering my dreams kthxbi
    I'm lucky in that I never have nightmares or if I do have a dream that is sort of scary, it doesn't actually frighten me that much or I feel better about it very quickly. I used to dream about thunderstorms and tornadoes A LOT but the dream would always go through until the after-the-storm calm.

There's only one dream that I can remember that scared me so bad I woke up with a start. I was running through a field and a knight on horseback was chasing me with his sword and I woke up just as he was about to cut my head off.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Everyone dreams every single night. Anyone who thinks they don't is simply not remembering them.
    I heard that we all dream when we sleep. There's supposed to be four stages of sleep, I think stage 1 is when our body heals itself, and stage 4 is when we dream, stages 2 and 3 being some sort of inbetween. At first we spend most time in stage 1 and heal our body (if you look at wounds on your body before you go to sleep, and then check them again after you wake up, you'll notice that they've healed better than the same amount of time spent while awake, or at least, it seems to be the case for me. I think it's also why they say that you should be sure to sleep a lot if you're sick) and then we go over to 4 for short periods, but as our sleeping goes on, we start to go into 4 more and 1 less. I think it's supposed to be that if you're woken up during 4 you'll remember what you just dreamt, but not if you were in 1, and I'm not sure about 2 and 3.
    This is just what I've heard though, and I've noticed something that might be a flaw in that idea. Have you ever been tired but not trying to go to sleep and you go back and forth between being awake and being asleep? Don't you sometimes have little dreams that seem to be in exactly the time and place were you really are, but you'll see things happen and then realize that they must not have happened? Well, it's happened for me anyway, which makes me wonder about that 4 stages of sleep thing, but it's not like I'm an expert and maybe there is a reason for that happening.
    And by the way, SataiCallista, what you said about your dreams actually reminded me of what JMS said about his dreams: [url]http://jmsnews.com/msg.aspx?id=1-8902&query=lucid%20dream[/url]

What you two have going on sounds pretty weird to me really, since my dreams are usually completely stupid and bizarre. And I can't really remember what I've recently dreamt, so it looks like you guys won't get to read about my dreams for now, but if I do remember any dream that's interesting, I might write it down.
    Wow...yeah, that does sound like me, though I don't have just one city, I have several houses in several places, but they are definitely the same places.
    interesting this reminds of this dream where I was in an apartment i lived in and i was watching T.V. And on T.V a group of sailors were on a Navy Destroyer asking for a Colonel Popcorn.

hehe
  • TridentTrident Ranger
    When I sleep, I'm always commanding a starship... I never remember one of thoes dreams, but everyone tells me that's what they hear me saying. One daydream I had, incited the 411 page book that I typed out, that I can't even get a soul to read. Dreams seem... just not worth it anymore. I keep dreaming of stuff that isn't real and it just depresses me more that they arn't.
    You wrote a book? Why won't anyone read it?
    411 pages?! You should post it here. I for one will definitely read it.
  • TyvarTyvar Next best thing to a St. Bernard
    in the three dreams I can rember they were disturbingly vivid, complete with smells, but no sound (oddly) What disturbed me was the colors, the actual colors were so I dont know bright isnt the word, but so amazingly vivid, they were unlike anything Ive ever seen in real life.

One dream was really creepy, it was my house, only instead of in the little dale my house is in, it was in this huge manicured lawn, easily 50+ acres and it was dark outside but with a brilliant silver moon. I entered the house through the typical family entrance which dumps into the kitchen, and the house had no lights on, but the silver moonlight coming through the windows lit it fairly well, plus the kitchen had extra lighting from the fact that one of the burners on the stove was turned on, and had gotten red hot to the point where the metal had melted! plus there was something on the burner that was actually burning.

I walked further into the house and for some reason i turned into the laundry area, and there, on the washing machine, was the blender O_o ? and it was turned on and sparking these amazing blue sparks all around it that lit up the otherwise dark laundry area.

Its at that point I woke up, really really creeped out.
    had another one just now...I kept waking up willed myself to stand up and went to the computer. However my btother in the dream kept interfering, pushing me around calling me names. As he does in real life. When they touch you it feels so real. Amazing
  • ChaosedChaosed Ranger
    I remember running away from scary monsters when I was a kid. Then remembering to stop and face it. There was nothing there. Those dreams stopped.
    When I got a few years older there were cave men there. I ran faster.