Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

"Write Only Memory"

E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
So when there's read only memory why not also write only memory...
[url]http://www.national.com/rap/Story/WOMorigin.html[/url]

Have to love that datasheet!
[i]"Number of remaining pins vs. number of socket insertions"[/i] :D
I can imagine some engineer printing it and putting it on wall. :p

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=E.T;173317]I can imagine some engineer printing it and putting it on wall. :p[/QUOTE]

That was us. We had it pinned to the wall of our lab. :)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I imagine [B]most[/B] engineers would see this and crack up. Not being one, I suspect there are some aspects of this I fail to understand. Not being one, I still find the concept to be worthy of posterdom.
  • ChaosedChaosed Ranger
    There are large portions of my hard drive that are WOMs. ;)
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    Damned funny!
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    BTW, which do you find better, that manager(s) at Signetics approved data sheet or that customers started asking when they can get those chips?
    Engineers of some companies must have gotten good laughs at expense of their bosses!

[QUOTE=Chaosed;173335]There are large portions of my hard drive that are WOMs. ;)[/QUOTE]I guess we can conclude your PC contains only unimportant data.
    So what shall we call it when it fails and stops supporting also writing because [url=http://foldoc.org/?Electing+a+Pope]electing a pope[/url] probably doesn't fit?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I suspect that the customers asking about price and delivery were engineers who knew it was a joke and wanted to see what they got delivered.
  • lol, FINO buffers.
  • Does anyone have a higher quality version of this? That block diagram is too fuzzy to make out, though I can make out a ~CHIP_DESTRUCT signal.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE=Vertigo_1;173409]though I can make out a ~CHIP_DESTRUCT signal.[/QUOTE]I like more that symbol on lower right of main block... :D

[QUOTE=Biggles;173356]I suspect that the customers asking about price and delivery were engineers who knew it was a joke and wanted to see what they got delivered.[/QUOTE]Or then those were just some bosses who had thought: Hey, new product, we must have that!