Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Blame Canada! (for the new copyright law)

Congratulations, citizens of Canada, you've just been officially owned.

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080612/media_nm/copyright_dc[/url]

Especially this I find very disturbing (and retarded):

[quote]It would also allow consumers to record television and radio programs for playing back at a later time, a practice known as time-shifting, but would prohibit people from keeping them indefinitely in a personal library of recordings.[/quote]

I've gotta admit you've got some greedy politicians there, and they play right into the hands of the Copyright Mob. I just sincerely hope this kind of legislative madness doesn't spread wider.

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Indeed, but at least its not as bad as it could have been
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Canada wants more money! Or they strike!
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    "ANd just who will THAT inconvienince?"
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Everyone, buddy! The world will soon realize the true impact of Canada on their lives!
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    I'm not your buddy, friend.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I'm not your friend, guy!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Im not your mate, buddy!
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Has anyone seen my mare, hobos?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Messiah;173750]Im not your mate, buddy![/QUOTE]

You got it wrong, friend!
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    So yeah, everyone really hates the Canadian DCMA [URL="http://www.boingboing.net/2008/06/19/canadian-musicians-h.html"]Linky[/URL]
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Politics isnt about governing anymore, its all just big business and screwing the little guy
  • I completly agree with you ShadowDancer. All these bills and policies anymore do nothing but profit companies, and hurt us greatly. Buisnesses get tax cuts and some don't even have to pay. What do we get? Higher taxes, higher prices, and less pay. I can understand prices going up because of inflation, but my god when things go up 2% or higher two or more times a month, it's hurting everyone. I'm living by myself and I have to get a second job just to pay for basic things anymore. I have to spend my 1 week of vacation looking for a 2nd job... and I work at a company that's in the top 30 of the fourtune 500 companies. I hate life.
    I know, its fraking crazy. If they could then they'd take every penny you earnt, leave you with nothing and just shrug it off as the price of living in a modern society. I say it more and more these days, and only half in jest, but we need a good old fashioned revolution to clear the books.
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    So what defines indefinitely? As no media we currently have can keep stuff for an infinite period of time, are we not all automatically protected?

But yeah...that's stupid.