Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Stargate Continuum

MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
Never heard about it before a few minutes ago. But downloading....

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    It's another DVD movie like Ark of Truth :)

It was pretty good, not the best Stargate I've seen though.

Spoiler: At least there were no replicators/Ori this time.

Worf
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Just watched it. A lot better than Ark of Truth I would say.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Mundane: seconded! I thought AoT was still pretty good despite dragging up old plot lines needlessly, but Continuum blasted right past it. I wouldnt have said no to more O'Neill, but at least he was there :) along with Don Davis

[sp]And it was really cool seeing all the cameo's of the system lords, major davis etc[/sp]
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Yes, nice to see the old crew and old extras again.

[SP]But I don't understand the ending. I don't even know where to start... How many Camerons can there be? Ok, so I know the grandfather isn't him just htat it's the same actor. But the Cameron that traveled back in time stayed in the past or what? And he made sure that history went the way it was supposed to, so that his father would be born?[/SP]
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Just saw it and I have no clue what it was all about. :alien:

Yet another one of those plots that involve time travel and alternate dimensions.

A sure sign that they are truly running out of ideas.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    where can you download it?
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    from the internetz.
  • Spoiler: I thought it was dumb. After all the solid time-travel stories in SG-1, they resort to Back to the Future-style writing (even after having McKay tell us how stupid it was!) - people randomly fading out of existence to reflect a change that should have taken complete effect the second Ba'al stepped through the wormhole, having changes in the future become apparent only as the people in the past make on-screen progress, etc. The conceit of them being protected because they were in the wormhole when time changed I can accept - grudgingly - but they shouldn't have had any warning to know to run for the gate.

If you leave all that out, then you have a decent Stargate two-parter that, despite all the money poured into effects shots and on-location arctic filming - is still surpassed by The Ark of Truth in writing, atmosphere, and musical score.

If this is going to be the quality of writing on Atlantis, then can we retroactively declare Carson's return as the moment it jumped the shark? Or maybe Weir getting written out so transparently in favor of Carter? We'll see...
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Well that was much better than Ark. I enjoyed this more and was reasonably satisfied throughout. Were a couple of head scratching moments but as the final dvd release this felt a much better way to end SG1 than Ark did. I felt very flat after watching that one.

Vertigo... Atlantis jumped the shark a while ago. And its continued to jump since.
  • Well saw it on pay per view tonight. Definitly better then Ark. They could have used O'neill more even though he got all fat.