Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

So HOW i there not a Dark Knight post here?!? (Spoilers)

2»

Comments

• JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    @Sanfam I liked the soundtrack as well, I think my favorite track is And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad...Everything else on the soundtrack seems to be low key though.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    You know I did notice that Gotham looked 'brighter' than the last one but it didn't bug me. Bit inconsistent though. My one minor complaint though is with Gary Oldman. I did find that at times he was hard to hear because of the way Gordon spoke so quietly, in a subdued manner. I assume this was to reflect his reluctant nature in a way, the good cop trying to do the right thing in a city full of the corrupt. Maybe it was just the audio setup in the cinema (rest seemed fine though).

Dax I read the same thing (on IMDB). Really showed his dedication to creating the character but at such a terrible price.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Actually, the train system *was* there, at least in the IMAX version. It was difficult to see, but they were very careful about integrating it into the aerial shots. I was full of glee when I realized the tri-level monorail still existed in this world. However, there were shots where the Chicago el-rail system was still functioning, so my assumption is that this mechanism is the older predecessor to the Wayne monorail and may not connect newer portions of the city. Use that as an excuse to watch it again if you genuinely need to rationalize such things.

I'm also glad they played down the fact that Gotham was a fictional city, but since its composition wasn't address in too large a scope in the previous film, I felt this move was sound. Batman Begins was focused primarily on the narrows and the far more decayed portions of the city, whereas TDK does literally seem to be in Chicago with reduced emphasis on the more quirky aspects of its underworld.

I don't think the continuity is lost, and that most of the changes can (short of Gotham Tower) can be written off as simply not seeing enough of the city in its entirety.

The only thing I could really call a complaint was the the mild absurdity of the temporary batcave, what with the ceiling made entirely of lights, and the wall of monitors, and the unnecessary rise-from-the-floor batsuit dispenser. There were also some slight problems with physics here and there, but they were allowable exceptions for a film of this quality.
    Perusing the score one more time, I've found that I am in love with a certain set of cues...

The soft piano cue, Harvey Dent/White Knight in [I]Harvey Two-Face[/I]
    The suspenseful strings+brass beginning "I am not a hero"
    3:05 into [I]"Introduce a Little Anarchy"[/I] brought on this beautiful combination of cues for both characters and simply does not last long enough
    [I]"Watch the World Burn"[/I] and its chaotic, dark conclusion. Having heard it in full detail before seeing the film again made it truly stand out.

"Why So Serious?" in its entirety. The Joker's cues are chaotic, unpredictable, and spread all over the spectrum. The sheer range of this track is the perfect auditory representation of the character.

The score is slowly crawling up my mental hotlist. The more I listen to it, the more I appreciate the finer details.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    So I read about people complaining that Batman's voice was apparently TOO deep compared to Bruce Wayne's.

And then I learned that there's no Harley Quinn in the movie. I find that fact more disappointing than Batman being voiced by James Earl Jones. :(
    Considering it's the same voice he used in the first movie...is that even valid? :P

Harley Quinn would have simply taken away from the end product. The movie delivered a captivating character-centric adventure.
    Well, we all know by now that this is Heath Ledger's movie and nothing is going to change that, but it would have been nice nevertheless to have that peppy babe in the movie as well.
  • Hmm...*Thinks*

You know...I can't see how to mix a Harley Quin into this without making her a very dark charector as well...
    [QUOTE=A2597;174843]Hmm...*Thinks*

You know...I can't see how to mix a Harley Quinn into this without making her a very dark character as well...[/QUOTE]

Yes, they would have had to make her dark as well, and I guess that might have taken away some focus from the Joker. I suppose they want to milk that franchise for some decades to come. I guess, I can't blame them for trying and as we've seen in the X-Men trilogy what happens if you have too many superheroes, none get enough screen time.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Harley Quinn is too busy with her Kevin Smith daddy and hottie mommy :P
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    There's a girl at the local goth club that dresses up as Harley ever year for Halloween and does a PERFECT impression of the cartoon series Harley.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    So in another words she has extremely low self esteem?
    [QUOTE=sataicallista;174854]There's a girl at the local goth club that dresses up as Harley ever year for Halloween and does a PERFECT impression of the cartoon series Harley.[/QUOTE]

Re-he-eally? :cool:

[QUOTE=JohnnyOnTheSpot;174858]So in another words she has extremely low self esteem?[/QUOTE]

No, she just likes to dress like her. No psychoanalytical BS necessary. :D