Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Atlantis is canned

2»

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Oh, didnt know that. I thought Torri had just moved on. I like Torri/Wier....and I think she's hot.

I might have mentioned that before.....
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Not only was it the firing, but apparently that the writers refused to make her character somewhat less of a T&A device in the re-appearance and offered no assurances of serious development. or so the "rumors" say.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Look what I [URL="http://forums.firstones.com/showthread.php?t=5936"]found[/URL].

I guess we really did cover the life and death of the series.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Heh, I guess I was wrong then about Atlantis
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    The way Tori and Franks were treated shows they are just jerks. I really don't see how they thought bringing in Tapping for just one season was a smart move. I suppose they were banking on all the fan boys staying watching just because she was on board. Speaking of fan boys it been funny reading all the comments on Tv.com about the shows ending. Man some people really can put gloss on tripe.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Rainbow Sun Franks made me really sad. He was the ultimate fanboy and had to bear through his character being wasted nearly every episide and ultimately destroyed by a string of poor writing decisions. Ronin was developed into an interesting replacement, but it still doesn't make his loss any better. Of course, they could always bring him back and ruin it some more. :P

With regard to Amanda Tapping, the general reaction seemed to be one of confusion. People understood SG-1 cast members as guest stars, but it seemed like there was a good deal of backlash from fans of the show that members of the SG-1 family were popping up above the Atlantis crew through some form of series seniority. The attempt with Woolsey was the same deal...replace the character with yet another in the hopes of "shaking things up" and getting the plot rolling again...but it won't work. Playing "Musical Characters" never solves the root problem and only serves to weaken each character cycled through the process.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    It's because as you said on irc, the SG-1 writers came to Atlantis after that show ended and of course they want their actors and characters back.

I agree that Rainbow's departure was not a good thing. When I met him it was easy to see that he loved being in it and doing the convention thing.

Worf
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    For my part, rainbow was an uninteresting character played with even less interesting acting, so his departure was a good thing imo.

I was sad to see Tori go though. Tapping didnt bring anything new to the show, that Tori didnt do better..
    Ford wasn't bad, he was just underused and underdeveloped, but that would have changed if they'd just kept him around I think. The major bugbear for me tho was that they just left the thread hanging there, with no attempt at resolution.

I never saw the need to bring Carter over to Atlantis personally. I mean, she's a scientist sure, but her area is in the Milky Way and she's got no experience in Pegasus, so why bring her?