Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Get your overcoats ready

Thought this was interesting. We will see if the sun makes a difference with the Earths climate. Or is it just a Humans using combustion engines.

[url]http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=12823[/url]

Comments

• A bigger question is, why isn't there any reference to this in Nature.com, Sciencemag.com, American Scientist Online, New Scientist.com or Space.com?
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    All this tells me is that we still don't know Jack about climate change. I'm going to have to buy a new car at some point, so they better make up their mind. :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Hah I like the pic Stingray :D

Well we'll never know everything about....well, everything. But we can make educated guesses
    Since men with haphazardly applied lipstick and mascara seem to be all the rage since appearing in the [I]Dark Knight[/I], I had to find someone just as creepy as Wiseguy's cat and I immediately thought of Hugh Laurie. My apologies to all [I]House MD[/I] fans. :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Its creepy alright, even if it does slightly remind me of something from KISS
  • No apologies needed, that picture is simply awesome in all its ingenuity.
    [QUOTE=Eclecticonaut;175450]No apologies needed, that picture is simply awesome in all its ingenuity.[/QUOTE]

Well, in all modesty, I was surprised by it myself. It's my best attempt at humor yet. :D

The [I]Dark Knight[/I] seems to have affected many of us in some way, and I haven't even seen the movie. :D
  • I thought it was George Clooney.
    I suppose he could look like George Clooney on a bad hair day. :D
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [i]In 2005...
    By extrapolating forward, they reached the startling result that, within 10 years, sunspots would vanish entirely.[/i]
    Looks like "small" timing miss...

[i]Last year Svensmark's "SKY" experiment claimed to have proven that galactic cosmic rays -- which the sun's magnetic field partially shields the Earth from -- increase the formation of molecular clusters that promote cloud growth.[/i]
    And emissions from human activity won't cause that and cosmic rays just had strike during grounding of air traffic after WTC?

[QUOTE=Stingray;175446]All this tells me is that we still don't know Jack about climate change. I'm going to have to buy a new car at some point, so they better make up their mind. :D[/QUOTE]Of course we don't know all rules of the universe and not even those in effect in Earth...
    But while we might not be able to tell where it ends and in what condition it's quite sure that if you detonate 50kg of explosives under car that won't do good to it.