Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Google down?

Has anyone noticed that Google, gmail and other google products have been flaky lately?

It's a total first for me and disturbing! 'cause google controls the inter-web right? :P

Comments

• Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    works just fine for me.. but its because we have an agreement. After my world domination begins, Google will in fact BE the control of intraweb and searches...
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Nothing worng with google or Gmail, have been working fine since ages and still. ;)
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    If I had to place a bet on where the problem would be, I'd put my money on your side of the pipeline. Unless the Google site was under a DOS attack, but generally speaking, it's very unlikely to just go down like that.

I'm ok now, but my previous ISP was terrible in that respect.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    I actually had a problem yesterday for about 5-10 mins but it passed. It was server not found error and everything else worked fine actually ended up using yahoo!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I haven't had a problem for ages.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    My problem was the same as yours Johnny and it still persists, it will be silly for a few tries and then load up. Gmail in particular. hmm
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I found it slow a few times today.

Worf
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Doesn't persist for me just a one time glitch it looks like.
  • FreezeFreeze Disguised as a Trainee
    Same problems were reported in Finland yesterday ...
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    I was getting a weird "Error on page, operation aborted" warning sometimes when I tried to load Google, but I assumed it was just our proxy server going goofy again.

Jake
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I've not had any problems at home or at the Cafe,
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    It might have something to do with [URL="http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081002-right-back-at-ya-captcha-bad-guys-crack-gmail-hotmail.html"]this.[/URL]
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    It's a bit like trying to fix a plane while it's in the air. I guess they were working on fixing their problems and you tried to use their services while they were patching their systems. I suppose they can't afford to shut down everything every time they need to fix something.
  • I have had problems with Gmail access in the past few months, very rarely. I can't remember what the error message said exactly, but access did return in a few minutes, as it said it would.

One time the mail access was down, but I made Safari pose as Mobile Safari for iPhone and could access my email.

The only other problem I've had with Gmail is a slow connection, but the "basic html" mode problem allows reading email those times.