Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Interesting weekend

ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie."London, UK
Its been an interesting couple of days for me. About 3am on Friday morning I was woken up with blinding pain in my lower abdomen, and end up being taken to A&E (thats the ER for the yanks!) by ambulance. Was given a load of morphine for the pain, and then sent for some x-rays, which unfortunately didnt show anything up (the doctor actually asked me for my opinion of them!). I tell you, I have never felt such pain in my life! I've had pain before that makes you feel a bit sick, but never such that it actually makes you spend 20mins hurling your guts up!

Anyway, I was then admitted to the urology ward, as there were beds free there, and they think it could be some sort of kidney stone or infection, but they arent sure as all my bloods and urine tests came back negative. I was then booked for an ultrasound scan, but unfortunately being Friday afternoon by this point there were no spaces left that afternoon for my scan, so I have to wait till Monday afternoon at the earliest. Needless to say I'm hoping that its nothing serious or time-dependant thats wrong! Oh the joys of the NHS!

Anyway, I've been let out home to my parents for tonight, as there's nothing they can do till I get a scan done, and if anything changes for worse then this way I can just go straight to A&E and jump to the head of the queue!

Fun fun fun!

Comments

• JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Ya sure it wasn't the drinking? lol
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Hope they find out what's wrong. It isn't your appendix, right?

Get well soon!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Honestly dont know mate. The pain is certainly in the right place for it to be my appendix, but there's a whole load of things it could be from infection to cancer. Will just have to wait and hope I get the u/s scan tomorrow and it shows something up.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Well, i do know the pain of a Kidney Stone, and it was the 2nd worst pain i've ever had to endure, I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. it truly is a horrible experience.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Yeah no shit... Gotta love the Percocet prescription though! :p :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Have someone check your place for dead facehuggers.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    You know, you're the second person in as many hours to suggest that Worf
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Better safe than sorry..

Anyway, hope youre feeling better soon, or at least know what it is.
    Well I was back in for an ultrasound scan today, but they didnt find anything so I was sent home again with vague assurances that it would be followed up. Go NHS!!

Its actually been getting worse all day, but I'm going to take it up with my GP tomorrow as the guy is just a great doctor and really works thru things with you, so I trust him more to get it sorted. And if it turns out there is something seriously wrong, then I can sue the hospital and clear out my student debt. What a good job I dont want to work there anyway lol!
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;177462]then I can sue the hospital[/QUOTE]You sure it was hospital and not that occasional "guesstimating center"?
    And I wouldn't call being nauseous for whole weekend as interesting.

I'm myself wondering what flue this is... started last evening by feeling dizzy. Nothing about fainting feeling but sense of balance just going completely nuts. Even when sitting fully stationary it felt like wobbling on verge of falling. And when going to bed... plain fainting would have been nicer than that feeling of constant falling/rolling to right. After four hours sleep I woke up sweating and feeling only slightly dizzy. When I checked there wasn't fever, just new low record: 35,3C/~95.5F.
    Currently still feeling slightly dizzy but at least feeling of cold fits to normal symptoms.
    (coincidentally there was sharp turn of air pressure from falling to rise when this started)
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Sounds like a severe stomach upset combined with anxiety to make the sensation seem all the more threatening. I've had a similar experience, and it wasn't a pleasant one - but the hospital too didn't find anything.
    Apparently its a kidney infection, pyelonephritis.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;177545]Apparently its a kidney infection, pyelonephritis.[/QUOTE]
    Seems you have prescription drugs coming your way, enjoy it while it lasts!
    Dihydrocodeine FTW! :D
  • heal better!!!!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Yeah, hello?

What kind of inferior body do you have?
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It shows he's using weak upgrade parts.
    Shut up, I'm on (legal!) opiates and you're not! :D
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Hey, i've got plenty of Vicodin around the house!