Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

A quick FYI type udate on B5Scrolls

I discovered a few months back that B5Scrolls had changed address. Apparently the guys hosting it changed ISP which meant a slight change in the URL which they forgot to tell me about.

The new address is
[url]http://themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm[/url]

So on the off chance anyone here had it book marked and wondered where it wandered of to, know you know. ;-)

On hearing about the change of address I decided to add some of the missing content before ‘spaming’ other forums with this message (sorry – I don’t know of any other way of letting people know about the changes).

The site has now got some concept art for The Lost Tales and a hybrid Shadow / Human Starfury in the miscellaneous bit. As well as a new interview with Jack Nichols who worked on the abandoned Sierra Space Sim based on B5. That game sounded depressingly good by the way.

I’ve shaved off 200K from the loading sequence so the site should load a little quicker. Plus, I’ve coded in the ability to link directly to individual pages. A BIG omission from the earlier version.

[url]http://themadgoner.com/B5/B5Scrolls/B5Scrolls.htm#Screen2_13_2[/url]

That link is (hopefully ;-) to the LOTR version of the Valen. You may notice it looks a bit different. I tried reformatting things a little so hopefully they’re a bit more readable. The screens ‘behind’ the mode button in the ships section is a little empty right now because I’m working on hopefully adding something in there that model builders might find . . . . nice.

There’s more to be included. But that won’t be for a while. That’s it. Just a FYI type thing and sorry (again) for only posting on here to point at the site.

Cheers
Tom

[edit]
Forgot to mention. If the URL ever changes again check out the wikipedia articles for something liket the Starfury, Omega Destroyer or Hyperion. They now contain links to B5scrolls and will be updated if things change.

Comments

• The Valen was in The Lost Tales? I completely missed it.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=B-Moon354;178587]As well as a new interview with Jack Nichols who worked on the abandoned Sierra Space Sim based on B5. That game sounded depressingly good by the way.[/QUOTE]

I think we can all agree on that. Cheers Jack. :)
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Have to say that Starfury concept looks fantastic. Shame it never got to live. Thanks Moon.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Some really interesting stuff there! And yeah, that Starfury would have looked amazing
  • [quote]The Valen was in The Lost Tales? I completely missed it.[/quote]
    Yeah I could have probably worded that a bit better. The IA-1 in Lost tales is called a Valen class something-or-other. I can’t remember, was the Valen in LOTR given a class name at all like cruiser or whatever or was that just it’s name?
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I actually had a dream about Into The Fire last night. Tis a shame the code and assets are lost.
  • The Valen was like a gunship, I'd hardly call it a cruiser :P
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    the valen was a useless hunk of future-scrap :p
  • That too, it looked ugly as crap.

Wait a second, I got the Valen confused with the main ship from LotR. The Valen was still pretty small, but I guess it could be considered a cruiser.
  • I really love this page! Well especially because of the interviews and the concept art.^^

By the way, is there any chance to get bigger versions of some of the concept art pics. The one of the Drakh docking port is very interesting. I think i want to build this for the mod. And maybe a side view of the "Brick" Valen?^^

I would offer to give you my ISA-Valen if I could get some concept arts in turn. :D
    Well i know, it's not finished yet, but i will do that first if i have the chance to get my hands on more of these concept art (or bigger versions of it). ;)

Oh and thanks for the nice words for our mod (B5/X3) in the link section! :D
  • Ahhh, you read my mind. I hate working with the software I use for creating models (it’s something designed for creating 3D logo’s on web pages).

Already put a crap version of the new - split wing - Vorchan together (not on the site yet) but can’t face trying the IA-1. So if your serious about a swap I’ll need to look up and see what I still have on my hard drive. Can you export in Lightwave?

As for the kind words. No problem (it was the truth), it is a hell of a good looking mod.
  • No, i didn't read your mind, i just read what you wrote under the Mode:fiction from the Valen page. :D ;)

I can export in *.obj or *.3ds but not in Lightwave.
    Ok, i will try to finish the ISA-Valen this week.
  • oh yeah, I forgot about that. :)

3DS should be fine, as for finishing it - Trust me, what you already have is light years ahead of what I could produce - pity I won't be able to light it properly.

On the site you might notice me talking to Alec & Chris about the texture used for the Minbari home world (the one that appeared in LOTR and the lost tales).

It's a bit different from the one used in the orginal show, but I can throw that over if you want. (might need a bit of work though)
  • Ok, but it should have windows, so i still have to work on it before i can give it to you. ;)

The texture of the minbari homeworld would be fantastic even if it need a bit of work!
  • Shiny. I’ll dig it out.

Don’t have a side on view for the LOTR Valen (just checked). Got a couple of hi-res views of the (un-textured) model used in the movie though
  • *slobber and stammer* hi-res views of the model? ....
    That would be great!

Any other ship you need? I would give everything for those concept art and other stuff! :D
  • Since you asked. You wouldn’t happen to have a half decent copy of B4 would you.

The final version of the site (amongst other things) will have a section holding some AOG & fan models – as well as another holding some stations. While on that, if you have any ‘new’ designs created for the mod, etc. that you think are pretty good, let me know as I’m only intended to include a handful of the [I]better [/I]fan concepts on the site.

p.s remember, it's only literally a couple of views of the model that Chris sent over, and to be honest, looking at it I don't thing it had all the finished detail on it. ;)
  • mm i think my colleague Maverick could have B4. I will ask him. If not, we will build one.:D

Well if you want to know all of my designs and models you should have a look at my DeviantArt Gallery:
    [url]http://amras-arfeiniel.deviantart.com/gallery/#Babylon5[/url]

I have a few unfinished ships on my HD too.^^

I can add the details, it's just to get the right shape. I always try to catch the soul of the ship in my models. That's the reason why the ISA Valen was so hard to make.^^
    Here you can see a few WIP's
    [url]http://www.b5-3d-galaxy.com/forum/index.php/topic,133.0.html[/url]
    (This is also a good page to see some of my models.)

I don't realy like the "Brick" Valen, but i still want to make it right. So every pic is better than nothing. ^^

PS: working on the windows now. It's a bit low poly, but i think that will be ok, because you didn't have so big animations.
  • Tell me about it - I'm just glad that textures can hide a multitude of sins. Low poly - doubt very much if that will be a problem.

That was a weird experience. I put about 70 of the models together for the little animations because I’ve never seen them anywhere else. Now seeing (much better versions) of some of them on those pages is interesting to say the least. Must have took you a while. Very impressive.

If the thing with the IA-1 works out and I can texture it for the (inappropriate) software I’m using there’s a couple of neat designs that I’d be really happy to include in the site.
  • Yes, we are working since 2 years on the mod now, and i made most of my models in this time.

ok, the end is near. ^^