Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

The curious case of Benjamin Button

MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
Anyone seen this movie? Just watched and I must confess it to be one of the most emotional movies I've ever watched (together with Braveheart and Lady in the water).

Comments

• Yes, I watched it... But I didnt like it at all. ;(

Spoiler:
    Somehow I was expecting something totally different, an really intelligent movie.. It started great, the story about clock that was running on the wrong direction was really touching and clever.. But everything after that turned out to be an huge disappointment.

They made it a love story, a boring one in my books... Instead of concentrating on the interesting disease he had and what he could have done, it felt like they concentrated on getting him laid.. And this was enough for me.

I even had to stop watching in the middle and do something else, because I was completely bored and waiting something to happen... I still managed to continue few moments later. And I do love touching movies that can make you show your feelings, but I didn't find anything touching except the clock-scene from this movie.

This movie is 6,5/10 for me..

I'm glad you liked it though.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I havent seen it yet (and havent read the spoilers), but it looks like a variation on Merlins life, being born old and becoming younger "with age". Will see it, and post later.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Theres also an author Andrew Sean Greer, who has a similar concept.

His was a new york times best seller though I can't remember the title off hand.
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Wikipedia:
    "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" is a 1921 short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald, first published in Colliers Magazine, and subsequently anthologized in his book Tales of the Jazz Age (occasionally published as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Stories).["
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    I liked it just fine. A beautiful love story if anything else.

Though makes me want to see Fincher do a full blown WW2 movie :)