Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

East Coast Firstones Gathering, April 2009?

SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
Hey folks. So it seems that Callie and I will be heading down to Long Island for [URL="www.iconsf.org"]ICON 28[/URL], which takes place from the 3rd to the 5th of April. It seems logical, then, to consider extending an invitation to any regional FirstOnes in the hope of making it a larger gathering for our kind. What better way to attend a con than with friends? Last year was an absolute blast, and this year looks to continue the fun.

The sooner we get a tally of interest, the sooner we can figure out a plan and make it an interesting time. I'm betting that there's at least two others here who are willing and/or able to come, so chime in! Entil'Zha, you have no excuse not to! :p

Our plan is to spend two to three days at the con, time depending entirely on programming and schedules that have yet to be published.

For those who wish not to go to a con, there's always a food & booze run that would no doubt follow and is always worth some fun. Post!

Comments

• sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    I will definitely be in attendance even if I have to go by myself. I have a new Star Trek uniform and Rose Tyler costumes to show off! :D

Yeah, to give you guys an idea, last year we met Darth Maul, Tuvok, young Boba Fett, Lt. Kowalski, Cpt. Lochley, the voice of Ren & Stimpy and Frye, the writer of The Last Unicorn, and several others. It was amazing. :D
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Yay perfect, I have no classes then.

Indy will be in attendance. ;)

Though I understand his son won't, nor will any cgi monkeys, or ants.

Also its $54 for 3 day membership for those with student ID.

Though I'm looking at the current roster for the guests and there is no one I recognize.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    the current listing seems to be pretty much a prelimary listing with only those who have confirmed attendance, so I wouldn't make a decision based on it's size or scope just yet.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Unfortunately I dont think I'd be able to raise enough money for a trip over :(
    Don't worry Sanfam I completely intend on going either way.

There must be at least one hot geek girl out there.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I'd like to say that the wife and i could go, BUT.. April is when we start getting the Cafe ready to open.. So i don't think we'll be able to get away.
    Entil'zha, your excuses are as thin as your moral code! get cracking :p Those customers can live three days without internets!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Agh, why does it always have to be so far off..?

Just you wait.. When i actually start earning some money, Ill be there! :p
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    @Johnny : *ahem* at least 3 hott g33k girlz out there (Callie and I aside!)

And you know what? I just might make it. It all depends on a couple things (like whether or not I get a job in the next couple weeks and if Peter and I decide to get married this year or wait) but if all goes well, I'll come!
    Yays! Daxage! :p
    OMG you have to come so we can be Starfleet Officers together!
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    I saw your pics, where did you get the costume??
    Dax you'd better bring your husband.
    [QUOTE=Dax;178838]I saw your pics, where did you get the costume??[/QUOTE]

There's a local chain of costume shops around here called Arlene's Costumes. They sell the same type of cheaply made ones Wal-Mart sells but for higher prices, so I very rarely buy anything from them, but the uniform was 50% off so I couldn't pass it up. :D
    It was a chance find. I stumbled upon it while she was browsing other stuff. I noticed a single character and recognized the typeface as being "DEEP SPACE NINE OMG!" It was just her size, so win!

Edit: For everyone's reference, this is what we are referring to:
    [IMG]http://www.omgod.com/albums/callie_is_a_nerd/IMG_8826.sized.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.omgod.com/albums/callie_is_a_nerd/IMG_8834.sized.jpg[/IMG]
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Coolness, remember, its the details that make the cosrume, make sure to stock up on pips, tricorders and other sf whatnot (maybe a slingbag). :)
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    ...Working phasers...
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    awesome! I'll have to have a look around for one
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    What color is the shoulder piece? :D
    [IMG]http://www.geocities.com/mrdata33/dr.jones.jpg[/IMG]
    [QUOTE=Messiah;178862]Coolness, remember, its the details that make the cosrume, make sure to stock up on pips, tricorders and other sf whatnot (maybe a slingbag). :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Random Chaos;178865]...Working phasers...[/QUOTE]

I have some good quality pips in Commander's rank that a cousin picked up from a Trek convention for me way back in 1994 but I still have to acquire a DS9-style insignia, I only have an old-style Next Gen pin. Also, the purple turtleneck that goes under the uniform isn't a real turtleneck, it's just a collar-like piece of thin material that doesn't stay in place well so I'm going to try to replace it.

I also have the old school Next Gen toy Tricorder and type 2 phaser that just need some new batteries but I don't have a holster for them.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    Nerd alert. :-p

I'd be down for this totally. I'm planning on going to the NYCC in two weeks anyhow.
    What is NYCC?
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    you know, one of these days you guys will have to make the pilgrimage [i]OUT[/i] of the great north east. Dallas has ACon which is a lot of fun :D
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    NYCC? come on.. New York Comic Con duH!
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Hmmm, Geek Girls in Costume.... I am thinking i do need to try and get to this get together...
    Will Mrs. Entil'Zha be coming? :)
    NYCC is certainly an option, but I'm far less into comics than general geekdom.

Come on, Entil'Zha! Just a few more and it's a certainty! :P
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    it would be about £250 for flights out there for then. I dont think I'll be able to afford that :(
    Did you try India Air?