Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Out with the old and in with the new...

[URL="http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/01/20/obama-speech-text.html"]Full text of Obama's speech[/URL]

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    It was a very good speach, not quite as powerful as I was expecting, but I suppose the current climate means he had to tone it down a little bit
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    I thought it was spot on... then again, I voted for him, so I would think that. ;)
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    "Bias, what bias your honour?!"

:p
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    I thought it interesting that he included "Non-believers" in his speech- yay for atheists!
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I actually had to read the whole thing... I watched it too but I missed the speech for some reason. I got tired of listening to the commentary and then it was over. :D

I still can't believe it's been eight years.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    It was an impressive speech, but now he's got to put his money where his Speechwriters are.
    Closing Guantanamo is a good start.

Dax: yeah I noticed that too! :) nice to get some recognition for once
    Bah, if he closes Gitmo, where am i supposed to spend my vacation!
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Hey I'm drunk but despite that, no matter how strong our president is. Apathy must be evolved into empathy. What is the problem with asking direct questions? I don't get it? Why must a politician always dodge the obvious?

Is it like getting laid? Keep your mouth shut till she asks you to stick you dick in her mouth?

I don't understand.

Fuck we must get to mars.

And it isn't gonna be done because president Obama says so...

It must be done because Firstones KNOWS SO!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;178983]Bah, if he closes Gitmo, where am i supposed to spend my vacation![/QUOTE]

Abu Graihb?
    *wakes up in agony and cleans up the puke*

Damn that was good wine.
  • well he surely can play the publicity card better than some of the former presidents- plus when he smiles you don't get the urge to run away screaming like you always did when W smiled :D :rolleyes:
    Abu Graihb! sweet, should i pack my suntan lotion?

Obama smiling is ok, but i'm telling you, the first stiff breeze and those ears are gonna pull a Dumbo and he's gonna fly away!
    When Obama smiles, you get the impression that maybe he just wants to talk.
  • He will monitize the US debt just like Bush and print lots of money. I hope he prooves me wrong though. 2 trillion is alllot of money printing and they are going to do anouther 850 million within a few weeks on more stimulus. We might get hyperinflation.
    I have a feeling something is going on behind the scenes they aren't telling us about.

Some kind of pitfall, that should have been seen but was not.

I'm sure mortgage companies have a lot to do with it.

I'm not going to claim a right wing conspiracy but I have a feeling most of this could have been prevented.

From my perspective the government is testing us to see how far they can push it till they can declare a police state or in political terms an "Enforced Peace".

I hope Obama being elected delays any plans to solidify an iron condom on our country.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    I picked up on that too Dax, but so did some other people, the kind of people who think shoving their beliefs onto you and I is somehow the Patriotic American thing to do.

A couple other websites I visit, were complaining about the nod to us.
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Yeah well they can complain all they want.. Obama is on a friggin roll down there

Day 1) he gets to keep him black berry and shuts down Gu. Bay
    Day 3) He gives the green light for stem cell research

I can't wait to take stalk after 4 years!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=PSI-KILLER;179029]He will monitize the US debt just like Bush and print lots of money. I hope he prooves me wrong though. 2 trillion is alllot of money printing and they are going to do anouther 850 million within a few weeks on more stimulus. We might get hyperinflation.[/QUOTE]

O? So hes going to save the US economy the same way Zimbabwe is saving theirs?

Im gonna be a US dollar billionaire! :D

Jokes aside, Im not very much into economy, but wouldnt this just inflate the economy, seeing as the US economy is pretty much bankrupt, there is no gold to base it on, right?
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    The US dollar hasn't been based on gold sense (iirc) World War 2.
    Itz pwatinum now son!
    [QUOTE=Dax;179053]Yeah well they can complain all they want.. Obama is on a friggin roll down there

Day 1) he gets to keep him black berry and shuts down Gu. Bay
    Day 3) He gives the green light for stem cell research

I can't wait to take stalk after 4 years![/QUOTE]

You missed the most important one. He gave a directive that any responses to FOI requests should err on the side of releasing information to the public, not trying to find legal reasons not to, as Ashcroft had directed in 2001. Making a government open and accountable instead of closed and hidden is very important.
  • Most FOI requests they block out entire paragrahs you never see the data whole.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    [QUOTE=croxis;179074]The US dollar hasn't been based on gold sense (iirc) World War 2.[/QUOTE]

Precisely my point! (I think :nervous:)