Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Mouse drift

ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie."London, UK
I've got my new cordless mouse, a logitech mx1100, about a week ago, but in the last two days I've suddenly started getting mouse drift which is supremely annoying. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, plugging it into the p/s2 port, restarting the computer, but nothing seems to stop it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Have you tried using it on different surfaces? There are some mice that are more picky than others.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Mouse drift in optical mice is usually caused by the surface you're using it on not working well with that particular mouse.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    It's also possible that a small bit of debris is lodged inside of the camera chamber. This exact thing happened on one of our returned models at work. A single, tiny hair was rubbing against the lens causing the cursor to drift very slowly to one side.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I've used a magazine as a mousepad, and so far its been ok. Will just have to wait and see, as it was doing it sporadically yesterday.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Seems to have fixed it. Strange tho, my old mouse was a laser one too, and it never had any problems