Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

bootleg trek trailer

SpiritOneSpiritOne MagnetoABQ NM
If you weren't sold on JJ Trek just yet. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pqc878-jRQ]Watch This[/url].

Looks incredible.

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=SpiritOne;180011]If you weren't sold on JJ Trek just yet. [url=http://www.youtube.com/wa
    tch?v=_Pqc878-jRQ]Watch This[/url].

Looks incredible.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but how hard can it be to post a proper link? :D

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pqc878-jRQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pqc878-jRQ[/URL]
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Looking good.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Ill reserve final judgment until I see it.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Which is why we say 'looks' and not 'is'.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Why watch a bootleg video when you can just go to startrekmovie.com and watch the actual released trailer?
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Well, at least it looks like they figured out there is more than 2 dimensions in space....

Jake
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;180016]Why watch a bootleg video when you can just go to startrekmovie.com and watch the actual released trailer?[/QUOTE]
    because this trailer was attached to the Watchmen movie, and is not available on the Star Trek movie website yet.

EDIT: At least, it wasn't last night. It is this morning.
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    I just can't help being amused... such an amount of clichés and corny dialogue packed in 2 minutes plus outright slavery to current metrosexual trends in action films. :laugh:
    yeah it was up fist thing this morning, i watched it at about 5am.
    I think i've come to the conclusion that this ST film is going to be a lot like the Bourne series of movies.

Possibly a good movie, with characters who's names are the same, but shares little else with its source material.

I'm going to go to see it, and try and think of it as nothing but a space action thriller, rather than being a Star Trek movie.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm also reserving judgement. The CGI looks amazing, but there's been a disturbing trend for really good CGI at the expense of story in recent years
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I'm going to be seeing The Watchmen soon, so I'll just wait until then to see this trailer since it seems from what you guys are saying that it will be shown with the trailers before The Watchmen. I'm really hoping that with this movie they keep with the feeling of wonder and of going into the unknown which was so important to the original series. I'm dreading that this is just going to be some action movie with a bunch of cliches and stuff. I sure hope they do this right.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Wil Wheaton has said they are marketing it like an action movie because they know people like us are going to see it anyway, it's the new audience they want to attract.

Worf
    And by bringing in a new audicence, perhaps they will see it and become interested in all the old trek that's out there.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    so based on the trailer, Romulan from our favorite trek timeline goes back in time to kill Kirk, thereby....what exactly? Save many alien females from becoming single mothers?

I'm trying to think of anything Kirk did that would actually give the Romulans more power....
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I've been reading the comics leading up to the movie (two out of four issues are out so far) [SP]Romulus is destroyed by an exploding star, the Vulcans had the technology to prevent it but wouldn't share due to their mistrust of the Romulans. Nero is there in the comics, so I'm guessing at the end he goes back in time to destroy Vulcan.[/SP]

Worf
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    judging by a scene in the trailer, I think you are right Worf.
  • Well, some things doesnt change.. Spoiler: The uniforms...