Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Michael Jackson has left the building!

[url]http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE55O6AK20090625[/url]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson[/url]

[img]http://i.peperonity.com/c/A6DF97/222199/ssc3/home/049/graphicz/albums/moonwalk.gif_320_320_256_9223372036854775000_0_1_0.gif[/img]

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Been talking about this on irc as it unfolded, which is why folks need to come on irc! ;)

I wasnt really a fan, but its always sad when someone dies
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    Indeed. I've got some 20 or so IRC channels to worry about...

...and have to admit, IMO the passing of Michael "The Beer Hunter" Jackson two years ago caused a heavier feel of loss. Not that the King of Pop didn't leave a great legacy, but the man did a fine job in ruining his own public image later on.

What comes to music icons, Freddie Mercury has made the biggest impression and probably will always be the number one for me.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Wow...didn't see that happening.

He really did some great work in the 80s.

RIP.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Only thing I'll regret is that the media will stir up a frenzy over it for the next 2 weeks, bypassing more important issues like the debt load the working stiffs in the USA will have to carry for the next decade thanks to our "Government".
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    aye, i'm interested in what is happening in Iran
  • DaxDax Redshirt
    Definitely glad I #unfollowperez @PerezHilton, This: [url]http://bit.ly/23phHo[/url] is too far, even for him.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Why is he (Perez) famous again?
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    So he'll be joining Elvis in MIB III?

The man has been in and out of hospitals for the last three decades. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

Still made some great songs though.

RIP MJ.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    Wait a minute, how can anyone say they didn't see this coming, have you not SEEN him over the past 10 years? He's been as frail as frail can be! i am 100% not shocked by his death, maybe suprised that he just dropped dead one day l ike that, but not really supriised at all.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm surprised so many people care to be honest. I never thouht he was anything special personally
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    I agree SD. Never really cared for his music. Saw him live once though.

I feel sorry for him that his live was probably ruined by his stardom from the start, and I feel sorry for his children for the same.
    [QUOTE=ShadowDancer;182538]I'm surprised so many people care to be honest.[/QUOTE]

The media care most about him right now and we can't turn off the barrage of news bits, everywhere you turn they talk about MJ. That's how far our care goes. It will last a few weeks and then the next catastrophe will be upon us.

[QUOTE]I never thought he was anything special personally[/QUOTE]

That depends on your definition of special. Weird, eccentric, slightly mad and scarred for life might be words to describe how special he was. If you mean talented, well, that's a matter of taste.

Personally, I believe it's always horrible when parents live to see their children die.
    Yeah he certainly had a pretty sad life in many respects, but I'm not convinced at least some of the 'weirdness' wasn't put on for publicity's sake. Tho admittedly dangling that baby over the balcony was pretty frakkin stupid.
    He had talent, i didn't care for most of his music, but there was some that was alright, and to be honest some of his "Music Videos" were quite well done.

I'm just amazed that people are shocked that a sick and frail man died.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    And now Billy Mays dead at 50... No more OxiClean in your face pitches...
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    The reaper is apparently playing catch-up with the rampage it's on right now. This is like some strange reality show. "Which one will be the next to go?!"
    I didn't know Billy Mays had 50 concerts lined up. Well, his face was familiar to me and 50 is still a young age to die these days.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I wouldn't count the most recent of the TV pitchmen out quite so soon. Next up...
    "Billy Mays here with the best way to raise the dead! Lost a loved one, friend, or pet? With my patented DeadNoMore, they'll be marching to your doorstep within minutes!"
    that was bad Sanfam. funny as hell, but really bad.
    Havent you heard what they're gonna do with all the plastic in MJ's body? They're gonna melt it all down and create a range of childrens slides, that way kids can still go down on him!

:p

sorry, had to share that one!
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    One would think safety regulations wouldn't prohibit the use of MJ in children's products due to absence of heavy metal... although manufacturers must make sure those products can't be swallowed in any circumstances.
    SD... You're going to hell for that, but it's ok, cause i'm going too for laughing at it...
    I was going to hell anyway, but at least now I've got a good excuse! I've got another one that similar, but slightly worse so I dont think I should post it here ;)
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Sad it is, but...not that important...
  • dead at 50. well, parts of him might have been that old...:rolleyes: