Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5 Music

MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
Nice version:
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q93ZOKVs_BI&feature=related[/url]

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    That's rather good.

There's [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v85yP9kkcA"]another[/URL] one too.

Worf
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I really liked that.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    It works really well on piano.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Wow that is well done. I have always felt that B5 music works well with piano. Whenever Franke used it, twas excellent.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Wow. Wish I could play like that
  • I'd buy a piano just to learn to play those songs.

Its on my -things to do- list.
  • Ah, gotta love the combo piano-synth strings patch setting :)

Those arrangements aren't actually that difficult, nowhere near close to the stuff I wrote for my album. I could probably learn his arrangements with fairly little effort.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Yeah it's fairly easy, I was able to do some of it by ear.
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    My piano skills are, alas, over a decade lapsed.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Anyone know where to acquire sheet music for some of the music?
  • I know croxis has all the midis, which is more or less sheet music, you just need a program that can show midis as sheet music.
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Croxis, do you still happen to have them? (PMs as well)
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Send me an email!
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    [QUOTE=Seafroggys;183276]Ah, gotta love the combo piano-synth strings patch setting :)

Those arrangements aren't actually that difficult, nowhere near close to the stuff I wrote for my album. I could probably learn his arrangements with fairly little effort.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I was thinking. Though I am not really fond of patched synth-instruments. Having both cue at the same time for every key press just feels so...eighties. For anyone else thinking of attempting this, the only thing I'd suggest is to keep in mind that a linear conversion to piano ends up sounding somewhat mechanical and soulless. Anyone attempting to bring these themes to any solo instrument needs to accomodate the missing companion chords and build them into the piece. Without them, you get a tangled mess of sound that doesn't have as much coherence as it really needs. The youtuber linked above tries, but just so barely misses as there isn't enough substance really bring things together.