Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

VASIMR plasma propolsion system coming along

FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
VASIMR plasma propulsion system

Looks interesting, now if only we have a good lightweight reactor to power the thing....

Jake

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    You forgot your link :P
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    Eh gad! An I edited the damn thing twice!

Here: [url]http://www.universetoday.com/2009/10/06/trips-to-mars-in-39-days/[/url]

Jake
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    God damned media. The way I see it, they've now made me a promise that someone, using this technology, will be on Mars in 39 days. If that doesn't happen, I'm going to set fire to their office. Just get it done, you fuckheads, or don't say it can be done.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Potentially anything is possible. :D

I hope this is a greater milestone than it looks.
  • Beats solar sailing... I mean, it's space.. And space travel needs rockets. Till one day Volvo starts to manufacture Vorlon propulsion technology.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    39 days there, a couple of weeks to dig out my shadow ship, an hour or so home....sorted!
  • Wow... about time someone improved on my plasma engine design... I never thought of using radio waves to help in the compression of the gasses... But it only works in space... not much of an improvement... but we'll see. I hope they set someone on mars, we really need to get the space race going again.