Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

MechWarrior: Living Legends

[URL="http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/"]MechWarrior: Living Legends[/URL] is a total conversion MOD for Crytek's CRYSIS game.

Now I have a reason to get CRYSIS Maximum Edition. :D

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Yeah, I'm speechless too. :D
  • Random ChaosRandom Chaos Actually Carefully-selected Order in disguise
    Nice. Too bad Crysis is Windows only...
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    Bootcamp?
    That requires reboot. I reboot about once every 3-6 months normally (excluding crashes).
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    So you should be able to play it lots this week, then.
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I shut down my computer every night :D
    Many Mac OS updates also require reboots, so whatever you are trying to sell us, I'm not buying it. :D
    My Windows laptop has been up for 170 days, so I'm not bragging on any specific operating system :p

It's to slow for Crysis though.
  • impressive..do you need Dx10 for that?

I ordered a 5870. I will definitly check it out now.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    This mod is why I did my damnedest to get a copy of Crysis for a little money as possible. When it ended up literally falling into my lap one day, I was straight out upset at the mod not being available at the time! TRAGEDY!
    In other news, we just received [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2STTNYNF4lk"]five of these[/URL] at work today.

At about 12,500EUR a pop, the [I]Nao[/I] robots aren't exactly cheap but then the research departments had moneys to burn. :)

Keep in mind, [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2dRkd6tGu0"]these bots are autonomous and not remote controlled.[/URL]
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Hehe, thats awesome. :)
    [QUOTE=Stingray;186158]At about 12,500EUR a pop, the [I]Nao[/I] robots aren't exactly cheap but then the research departments had moneys to burn. :)[/QUOTE]

Isn't the concept of "If you didn't need it all this year, you don't need it in the future, either" wonderful? We have so much stuff at work that was bought just because if money wasn't spent, the budget for the next year would be miniscule.
    I suspect it's a common problem and probably contributes to a not insignificant amount of waste in resources. There are only so many iPhones and PS3's you can buy before someone gets suspicious. :D

I believe though that these particular robots will be used in projects and won't just be sitting somewhere in a storage room. If not for research, certainly to get kids interested in engineering.

The good thing about common sense and plain reasoning is that it does tend to follow its way back up to upper management and cause a sensible reaction after a while. I've seen it happen and it's a beautiful thing to behold. :)
    [QUOTE=Stingray;186170]I suspect it's a common problem and probably contributes to a not insignificant amount of waste in resources.[/QUOTE]

It's a huge problem in Japan, and a symptom of its massive over-reliance on bureaucracy combined with the need for a yearly budget plan with no flexibility. I regularly here tails of, and have sometimes seen myself, things such as a pile of 13 iBooks bought to use up budget that never left their boxes, an extra computer bought "just in case, and because we had the money," and so on. At least the Nao's are worth having; they're great little robots.
    I hear you, but this year has been different, and that's why I applaud the purchase. :D

I think it's time to support new start-ups. Those Naos are apparently being made by a French company. It's no replicant yet, but it's a step in the right direction. :)
  • Give it a gun and have it fight
    They wouldn't survive the first recoil. :D
    [QUOTE=Stingray;186179]I think it's time to support new start-ups. Those Naos are apparently being made by a French company. It's no replicant yet, but it's a step in the right direction. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, Aldebaran Robotics. They're also working closely with another French startup, Gostai. They're among the dozens (at least) of robotics startups that have appeared recently. One of the ones near here is making terminators.
    Will they feature Arnold's trademark smile (with the gap)? :D