Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

A New Year, A New Resolution!

Since I won't be online when it happens, I might as well do it now.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year! [Insert a party smiley here! Why don't we have one of those? And why do we have hamsters with knives taped to their backs???]

As usual, I hope it will be better than the last, but we all know that's not going to happen.

I haven't decided on my resolution yet... anyway, see you on the other side. :D

Comments

• Happy new year!

My new years resolution will be the same as "last" year, 1920x1080.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Full HD! :D

Here we go again, tossing moneys at our problems. I'll be trying to do something by not doing it... :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Happy new year folks!

My resolution involves losing weight....rather boring really. Other than that, another 1920x1080 monitor to go with my existing one would be nice! :D
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    What better way to welcome in the new year than with HD? :)
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Happy New Year :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    My New Year's resolution is to rate this thread :3hamster:.
  • CurZCurZ Resident Hippy
    :whip::alndance:
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    1920x1080? that's so 2009, 1920x1200! now thats 2010!
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'd rather have matching monitors tho ;)
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    The new resolution for me this year is 800x480.

Happy New Year!
    I guess we need to get used to all those new funky resolutions. I'd really love to switch to Full HD, specifically in the cam range, since all this low-res stuff on youtube makes my eyes bleed. :D

I can also see a netbook in my future... the newer ones now come with Win7.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Since last years New Years resolution was to never give any New Years resolutions, none for this one!

Happy New Years everyone! Did you spend yours in Japan or NZ Biggles?
    Speaking of gear, look at [URL="http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/not-survived-2009_10.html"]what we've lost this decade.[/URL]

Not that I miss it all that much, but it's still sad to see it go. Sniff.
    [QUOTE=Messiah;186070]Happy New Years everyone! Did you spend yours in Japan or NZ Biggles?[/QUOTE]

Japan. NZ is too far away.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    My News Years Eve wasn't terribly special, though I did get to spend most of the time with a lady friend. It was a nice change of pace from my usual NYE parties and get-togethers.

Resolutions: Continue/Begin the slow and steady adjustment to a more nutritious diet, cutting back on the crap to make way for whatever goodness I can work into my routine. Related to this, begin the long-planned workout plan and get into some less flabby shape! The former is beginning to look good, the latter is still lagging but looks hopeful with the return of my roommate.
    [QUOTE=Biggles;186077]Japan. NZ is too far away.[/QUOTE]

NZ is too far away from any point in the world. It's a mystery that'll never be solved. :D
    I can guess new years in Japan is Crazy. Another reason to stay? :p

Mine was.. odd. But fun nonetheless..
    Actually, the Japanese new year is very calm and sedate. Traditionally, everyone spends it with their families. This means that the majority of shops and restaurants are closed by 6pm and the cities feel like ghost towns. The only "lively" places generally are bars that cater to foreigners and the shrines after midnight.
    Seriously? I guess thats more sensible than wandering around town at -20 degrees, but nonetheless.. :p